Home

Six Changes That Make NHL 19 The Most Promising Hockey Game Of The Generation

This is a discussion on Six Changes That Make NHL 19 The Most Promising Hockey Game Of The Generation within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2018, 03:09 PM   #9
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Six Changes That Make NHL 19 The Most Promising Hockey Game Of The Generation

For me the game is all about on the ice. The skating being improved is a huge improvement, but I've heard the line about the collisions before, and can't help but take it with a grain of salt. Prove it. And I really hope we hear about AI and goalie improvements soon that actually improve the game in a noticeable way.

My biggest complaint is the desire to "expand the audience" of the game with the new modes. You know what would be better? APPEALING TO YOUR ACTUAL AUDIENCE! Why the H E Double Hockey Stick are we still not getting GM Connected mode, but we're throwing all these resources into an entire new game mode?

What does redoing the Scouting system into an actual quality product matter if the rest of GM Mode is not only a dumpster mode that requires a College Masters Degree in Tarot Card Reading to figure out actual progression mechanics, but still won't be online?

There is absolutely no flipping excuse when this game to come out for it not to have GM Connected. If you can add two completely new online game modes, you can right the code for GM Connected without breaking a sweat.

Absolutely not buying without GM Connected. Appeal to your actual fan base! Who gives a flip if Johnny Come Lately blows $60 bucks on NHL, and you get 5,000 new buyers if you lose 25,000 because you can't appeal to your regular fuggin customers?
Old 06-21-2018, 06:46 PM   #10
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Six Changes That Make NHL 19 The Most Promising Hockey Game Of The Generation

It's good they are improving some things, but disappointed that it doesn't seem to be on Frostbite engine which made FIFA 17/18 and Madden 18 so much nicer. Also it didn't follow the trend of Madden 19 and come back finally to the PC. Probably because they didn't use the Frostbite engine which would have made it much easier to port to PC. I barely played my NHL 17 and 18 games, I bought them out of habit and then hardly touched them. So kind of not sure if I will buy this one yet.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
It's good they are improving some things, but disappointed that it doesn't seem to be on Frostbite engine which made FIFA 17/18 and Madden 18 so much nicer. Also it didn't follow the trend of Madden 19 and come back finally to the PC. Probably because they didn't use the Frostbite engine which would have made it much easier to port to PC. I barely played my NHL 17 and 18 games, I bought them out of habit and then hardly touched them. So kind of not sure if I will buy this one yet.
Was kinda hoping for a PC version and a Switch version but that was definitely wishful thinking LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2018, 07:51 PM   #12
Rookie

KeyserSoze15's Arena

OVR: 0

I understand people are upset about no GM Connected or Online Franchise mode not in it again. But the Year they took it out they said why they took it out. Reason was because only 5% of the people playing NHL played GM Connected and only 1% even finished 1 season of it. So I understand why it was taken out. Everyone that's complaining that Frostbite engine not being used who cares it's primarily a graphics engine. This RPM tech looks promising. Big problem has been the lack of control of skaters.
I've also seen people c9mplaining a lot about the pond hockey with 1vs1vs1 and 2vs2 . This pond area looks alot like NBA2k the Park. This could be a big hit. Need to have a 6vs6 rink added and a 3vs3 full rink. Then have some half rinks like they have for the 1vs1vs1 and 2v2 . Let us walk around maybe. Overall with the limited trailer they had this looks like they are catering to EASHL players finally. Plus people saying they made no improvements to BAP obviously you don't know how to read or understand how Pro Am works like NBA Live Pro am . If it's like Live had BAP in NHL finally has improved.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:15 PM   #13
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyserSoze15
I understand people are upset about no GM Connected or Online Franchise mode not in it again. But the Year they took it out they said why they took it out. Reason was because only 5% of the people playing NHL played GM Connected and only 1% even finished 1 season of it. So I understand why it was taken out. Everyone that's complaining that Frostbite engine not being used who cares it's primarily a graphics engine. This RPM tech looks promising. Big problem has been the lack of control of skaters.
I've also seen people c9mplaining a lot about the pond hockey with 1vs1vs1 and 2vs2 . This pond area looks alot like NBA2k the Park. This could be a big hit. Need to have a 6vs6 rink added and a 3vs3 full rink. Then have some half rinks like they have for the 1vs1vs1 and 2v2 . Let us walk around maybe. Overall with the limited trailer they had this looks like they are catering to EASHL players finally. Plus people saying they made no improvements to BAP obviously you don't know how to read or understand how Pro Am works like NBA Live Pro am . If it's like Live had BAP in NHL finally has improved.
That was true, basically no one played GM Connected. Of course they skipped the reason why no one really played or finished it. IT WAS BROKEN! If they actually implemented a decent, working version, people will play it. Also hurting it was the fact it was released the year we had a console transition.
They half-assed the mode, then used the excuse that people weren't interested to drop it, because really they couldn't make extra money on top of it.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:18 PM   #14
Rookie

KeyserSoze15's Arena

I understand* more money for them if they bring back microtransactions. But so far sounds like hockey bags will be free based on performance. If they bring back transactions could help the NFL Series big time being that it's not a major game seller. More funds could then be spent to help this series evolve. When they took out transaction in EASHL such as buying speed boost of plus 10 or checking and etc took money from them and game really became a cut copy and paste the same junk the last 4 years. This generation of NHL has been a big failure on PS4 and XB1 . Last gen was great. Sorry but Rammer has slowly destroyed this franchise since he took full control in 2013.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:29 AM   #15
MVP

Sounds like I'll be on my NHL Legacy PS3 for another year..

Maybe I'll switch one day if they bring it to PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2018, 11:30 PM   #16
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Interesting article. I look forward to seeing how it goes. The lack of competition, in football as well, has definitely had an impact on the game. If I can play a game and feel as if the AI plays by the same rules then I am fully on board.

The word organic used to be used in the series I was most fond of. That is no longer, so I hope that the organic play will find its way into the EA series. I have them all, actually since back to 92.

As far as coop goes.......can't market "couch coop" as a feature when it was a feature in 93. The people that played in 93 are my age, we don't live next door to our neighborhood buddies anymore, yet, we'll still play coop. I really hope that feature, not even GM Connect, just a way to play coop online vs AI in a season. Even if like the 2k version where you could invite a friend.

That said, I said I wouldn't buy 19, but after the skating improvements I read about, I am intrigued. I am pulling for EA to make a solid game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »