Home

Legends in Franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Legends in Franchise mode? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2018, 04:14 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Legends in Franchise mode?

Anyone heard whether or not legend players like Gretzky will be available to use in single player franchise?
I'm not so interested in HUT but It would be great to add some legends to some current teams and play a season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2018, 05:19 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Legends in Franchise mode?

I’m pretty sure they will be usable in all modes including offline modes. I believe that is what is implied in the end of the quote from their website.

“With over 200 legends from multiple eras in hockey’s history, you can take Wayne Gretzky onto the ice and have him join a team with some of the sports' greatest players. NHL 19 also introduces Hero Teams that combine the top players from past and present to create the ultimate fantasy matchups between today’s superstars and yesterday’s legends. Available in single player and multiplayer modes, history is now at your fingertips.”

In the meantime if you play on PS4 I could send you a USB stick with custom made rosters on it for NHL 18. I got all seasons from 88-89 to 94-95 on it. I’m not sure how it would work in franchise , but it is great for season mode play.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:06 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 17

I didn't purchase NHL 18 but I really appreciate the offer.
And thanks for pointing out that last sentence.. I failed to see it.
To use the likes of Fedorov, Lemieux and Lindros in a recent EA game= priceless
Old 06-26-2018, 09:29 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grentthealien
I’m pretty sure they will be usable in all modes including offline modes. I believe that is what is implied in the end of the quote from their website.

“With over 200 legends from multiple eras in hockey’s history, you can take Wayne Gretzky onto the ice and have him join a team with some of the sports' greatest players. NHL 19 also introduces Hero Teams that combine the top players from past and present to create the ultimate fantasy matchups between today’s superstars and yesterday’s legends. Available in single player and multiplayer modes, history is now at your fingertips.”

In the meantime if you play on PS4 I could send you a USB stick with custom made rosters on it for NHL 18. I got all seasons from 88-89 to 94-95 on it. I’m not sure how it would work in franchise , but it is great for season mode play.
Can we just boot up the usb stick and play? I thought it would not allow you? I would be interested?
Old 06-27-2018, 08:59 AM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwings832
Can we just boot up the usb stick and play? I thought it would not allow you? I would be interested?
Um I’m not sure... what would be the problem? Can't I just buy another empty USB stick save my data on it and copy it to another system’s storage? I mean that is what I got it for because if my PS4 ever breaks I wanted to have my saved data backed up so I can copy it to a new system. Do you mean do you need the disc? If so yes you need the game installed to your console for it to recognize it so you would need a physical copy of the game. I’ll research it now, but I feel like it can be done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2018, 09:14 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwings832
As for the rosters. On NHL 18 I am working on the 86-87 roster right now. I finished 87-88 the other day. On NHL 18 I have all rosters from 86-87 to 94-95 on my USB stick. Also on NHL 17 I have all rosters from 95-96 to 06-07 saved to my USB stick. So between the two games I have a ton of rosters to play with. They are not perfect as the faces for some top 9 and bottom 6 forwards and bottom pairing D-men are generic and I overrated players like Gretzky and Lemieux to make them the highest rated players in the game, but other than that they are good enough if you I just want to play a game or a season for a bit of nostalgia.

Last edited by Grentthealien; 06-27-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:31 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjwm
I didn't purchase NHL 18 but I really appreciate the offer.
And thanks for pointing out that last sentence.. I failed to see it.
To use the likes of Fedorov, Lemieux and Lindros in a recent EA game= priceless
Yeah, the new skating system is what sells the game for me , but the legends are definitely a cool bonus. I can’t wait until the first gameplay bit of gameplay comes out. I wonder if we can create helmetless players now that legends from the 50s and 60s are in the game?
Old 06-27-2018, 09:26 PM   #8
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

Biggest question in using these legends is what will their ages be in Franchise Mode.

If they use their actual age like they did a couple years ago, enjoy Gretzky being 50 something years old and only enjoy him for 1 year before he retires.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »