Home

NHL 19 Open Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here - Extended to August 3

This is a discussion on NHL 19 Open Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here - Extended to August 3 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2018, 09:58 PM   #49
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 19 Open Beta Available Now on Both Xbox One & PS4, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPyro
If there's no shareable rosters it's still a fail.
Totally.

I've really been digging in. The core skating and stickhandling really does feel like a hybrid of last gen's control mixed with the realism they were attempting to represent this gen. It feels like the clunkiness is totally gone from the user experience.

It really is a shame we can't play against the AI in the beta though. While it's one thing that the user experience is massively improved, if the AI can still do all its usual "wiggling" around when it has the puck, and refuses to make realistic hockey plays, and can run you from behind in open ice and somehow get the puck, the single player experience is going to be a battle once again.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:06 PM   #50
Rookie

Diehardfan's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 19 Open Beta Available Now on Both Xbox One & PS4, Post Your Impressions Here

This is what they're trying to sell this year? BRUTAL. Didn't buy last year, definitely not investing in this silliness. Somebody needs to inform EA Canada that teenagers are no longer their prime target.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:06 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

The skating and hitting is 10x better then last year, both on how it feels, and how it looks and it's a real massive improvement.

The only thing I hope get fixed or added back (if they're not just taken out for the beta) is the "action report" style system at the end of the game where you could check out all the hits, goals, penalties, ETC without having to shuffle through an entire instant reply to find a single moment, at the moment unless I'm looking in the wrong places, they're not there.

The other issue I have which was an issue back in NHL 18 was not being able to initiate a fight while the puck was in play in EASHL 6v6, you can start fights on the faceoff and also after the whistle is blown but why can't we approach a player mid-play and offer to throw down? Feels pretty silly to have a teammate get levelled and not being able to stick up for him at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2018, 11:14 PM   #52
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Seeing some good stuff from everyone’s reviews so far. The skating makes me excited. Like others have said, I want there to be a large difference between Chara and McDavid.

I hope the players face the correct way - especially on special teams. This has frustrated me in the past.

The hitting sounds fun. I hope there is a mix of big hits all the way down to simple nudges and shoves from defensemen to maintain positioning.

I think next year’s focus should be on goaltending, special teams, and board play.

As for me personally, it’s very disappointing that roster sharing doesn’t appear to be in the game again. My interest in doing the Revamped Rosters is dying.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-26-2018, 11:50 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 7

The skating is incredible. It feels as if you were really skating. It seems the skating is more fluid in ones than versus. Maybe because you pass in versus and have limited time with puck. But as others have stated the goalies are less to be desired.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:00 AM   #54
Rookie

rdfowler's Arena

OVR: 4

When I am playing 3v3 club the scoreboard never showed up.
Atlanta Hawks
Old 07-27-2018, 12:53 AM   #55
Rookie

KeyserSoze15's Arena

OVR: 0
All beta does is freeze up starting a 6vs6 drop in so . Servers are ****.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2018, 01:06 AM   #56
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics
Seeing some good stuff from everyone’s reviews so far. The skating makes me excited. Like others have said, I want there to be a large difference between Chara and McDavid.

I hope the players face the correct way - especially on special teams. This has frustrated me in the past.

The hitting sounds fun. I hope there is a mix of big hits all the way down to simple nudges and shoves from defensemen to maintain positioning.

I think next year’s focus should be on goaltending, special teams, and board play.

As for me personally, it’s very disappointing that roster sharing doesn’t appear to be in the game again. My interest in doing the Revamped Rosters is dying.

Rest assured, they've made major strides in this department and it's made a huge improvement in the pace of the game. Since AI players are so well positioned and always poised to make a play, it's much easier to transition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »