Home

Do you find it strange

This is a discussion on Do you find it strange within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2019, 09:55 PM   #1
lvl
Banned

OVR: 0
Do you find it strange

That there hasn't been one gameplay video released since the BETA? The game will be available to play in 6 days.

Last edited by lvl; 08-30-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2019, 12:47 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Do you find it strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvl
That there hasn't been one gameplay video released since the BETA? The game will be available to play in 6 days.
No, I don't find it weird at all. Releasing gameplay videos doesn't help when there is an anti-EA cottage industry that will call their gameplay videos crap regardless of what they show. Ea has released less and less gameplay video, and have gone to managing it by editing the video gamechangers record.

I guess you will have to wait to complain a little longer.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:04 AM   #3
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Since EA has already admitted they didn’t do a single thing to improve the AI, which in turn means the gameplay, you can just watch a video of NHL 19 gameplay and pretend it says NHL 20 on the corner boards because we’re getting the same gameplay as last year. The only thing missing from the video will be a signature shot from a star which will be the absolute only difference between him and an AHL player.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:19 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
No, I don't find it weird at all. Releasing gameplay videos doesn't help when there is an anti-EA cottage industry that will call their gameplay videos crap regardless of what they show. Ea has released less and less gameplay video, and have gone to managing it by editing the video gamechangers record.

I guess you will have to wait to complain a little longer.

You are the reason why Madden and NHL are awful. Absolute sheep.
Old 08-31-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by centauris
You are the reason why Madden and NHL are awful. Absolute sheep.
Since you don't like either game, then those who enjoy them are sheep?

Interesting... can't wait to read more from you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2019, 06:01 PM   #6
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Since you don't like either game, then those who enjoy them are sheep?

Interesting... can't wait to read more from you.
Agreed....calling out people who enjoy the game is as crazy as calling out people who legitimate gripes with the series. It doesn’t have to be one way only. I have plenty of problems with the direction this game has taken, the lack of attention to AI, player separation, and roster share.....but I also don’t begrudge anyone who likes the game.
Old 09-01-2019, 03:09 AM   #7
Rookie

Chiefaho's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Since EA has already admitted they didn’t do a single thing to improve the AI, which in turn means the gameplay, you can just watch a video of NHL 19 gameplay and pretend it says NHL 20 on the corner boards because we’re getting the same gameplay as last year. The only thing missing from the video will be a signature shot from a star which will be the absolute only difference between him and an AHL player.
Honsetly, I think this year the revamped shooting will help to improve gameplay. They haven't worked on the AI directly, but I think the AI has been given another tool to at least make them appear a tad bit more competent on offense, and the game should feel less frustrating for the user. That being said, it has been one step forward, three steps back through this entire console generation for this dev team... hopefully they didn't break more than they fixed this year.
Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
Cleveland Indians
San Francisco Giants
San Antonio Spurs
Crystal Palace
Schalke 04
Old 09-01-2019, 04:29 PM   #8
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny

Don’t worry, Jake. Us “complainers” are the problem. Soak up those flatbrims and face masks, use some alumni teams, and be fat and happy. God forbid we mention legacy AI issues that have existed since NHL 15 (at the latest) that haven’t been even remotely looked at in what will now be +5 years since that release.

I’ll give them credit with the goalie deflections as that was a huge eye-sore. The puck pickups where you don’t lose speed is also a very welcomed addition. I loved hearing the director talk about how they were able to “speed the game up without touching game speed” which is a huge positive!

The most frustrating part about the AI being completely neglected, is that the foundation for an amazing game is there imo. I have my sliders for 19 perfected, and I’m honestly having such a blast playing it. Unfortunately, that means 20 doesn’t need to be purchased as the most problematic aspect of gameplay is the AI. I could lived another year without the new puck pickups additions as long as the AI was actually improved.

Here’s to hoping 21 is the close to “complete” feel we’re hoping for as I truly think RPM, DSS, and the goalie additions have turned this game’s foundation into what could arguably EA’s best “foundation” out of their sports game offerings.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Find league standings, scores, and replays here:
https://evhl.elitevirtualsports.com/

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »