Home

Unable to breath. I need to know - is it a strategy?

This is a discussion on Unable to breath. I need to know - is it a strategy? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2018, 10:56 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Unable to breath. I need to know - is it a strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
What difficulty do you play with offline? I think hockey has the greatest disparity between gamers that know how to play versus casuals. I never play online for the reason you state.

NHL is just an offline game for me. I may play a bit of HUT online, but it never goes well. I can never square up a good hit, yet I get absolutely pummeled.
My thoughts exactly.

Offline I can typically be competitive against the CPU and my win / loss ratio is about 50% on All Star. I play with the True Broadcast camera which adds to the difficulty (as shooting and stick handling is trickier) but I just like it more visually.

I dislike how EA have allowed seasoned online users to appropriate the puck with tricks and strategies which are neither realistic not physically possible. I can understand if I am pressured into a corner and my guys looses the puck, but how is it that the puck always (and I mean always) morphs with their stick, instead of it getting knocked loose so to give me a chance to fight for it. I know I've lost the battle as soon as I see the other guy charging towards me. I try to change direction, stick handle, protect the puck, move out of that area, but nothing helps.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0

The weakness to playing full pressure is that you will mess up positioning and give odd man rush. Try to change side on the breakout. Like they put pressure on your left d you pass behind the net to your rd. You can also try to not skate at full speed until he makes the first move and you try to beat him and the boost. If not short passes with the forwards not stretched away from the d and trying to have two open man to pass to will negate the pressure.

You will miss a couple of time on the open ice play but will create several odd man rush and start to find some pattern in most plagers.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:59 PM   #11
Just started!

OVR: 0

For the EASHL drop in guy. I think you are being too hard on yourself. First of all it’s hard to develop chemistry with people in a drop in game. Secondly I wouldn’t be too worried about your breakouts. The ability to read plays especially on the forecheck comes at a certain level of play which you might not be yet in drop-in.

I would just worry about getting comfortable playing, if you are tilted or have a tilted teammate mute them all and just focus on your game. Plus I would recommend finding a club with either friends or good people so you can develop faster and gain confidence.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »