Home

My custom speed ratings for NHL 19

This is a discussion on My custom speed ratings for NHL 19 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2018, 11:21 PM   #9
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: My custom speed ratings for NHL 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grentthealien
Good to see my list was of use to you.I also have a prospects skating list that includes prospects from 2014 to 2021 if you’d like to see it. I agree about him being an 89 instead of 90 so I will bump him down by a point. I was also unsure about Couturier as well so thanks for letting me know I’ll bump him down to I’m thinking an 86.

One guy I’ve been struggling with is Laine I believe you have his speed at 83 while I have him at 90 which admittedly I think is too high however he is a hard player to rate for me because while he is an awkward skater who is not the most agile he does have good enough speed to beat Horvat in a race at the skills competition.As a Canucks fan I’d say Bo is one of are 3 fastest players and has improved his skating massively since he was in the Juniors so for Laine to beat him he has to have at least good speed. What is your take on his skating?.

That 83 was a bit old. He has improved his skating since joining the NHL. According to TheHockeyNews, his acceleration could use some work. I would make his speed higher than his acceleration.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-13-2018, 11:05 PM   #10
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Could be interesting this year with the new skating system. Maybe the ratings differences for speed and accel will be more noticeable.
Old 08-16-2018, 10:23 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_magic
Could be interesting this year with the new skating system. Maybe the ratings differences for speed and accel will be more noticeable.
I’m hoping the attributes will be felt more in 19 as well, but just in case I will usually play with attribute effects on 10/10. If they are felt more I might have to make some adjustments to my ratings and sliders for 19. An interesting player to test 19 with would be PK Subban who I gave an 86 speed with an 94 agility. He should have average speed, but also exceptional edgework.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2018, 07:29 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Good work, not knowing other teams as much as I used to these seem accurate if I base it on what you suggested for the Habs.

Only one missing for me for Montreal is Petry. He is a great skater. I bumped him up to 91. Matthew Peca should be up there also judging from the intra-squad game.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:10 AM   #13
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Are you making any changes to agility and acceleration as well ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-19-2018, 11:59 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Are you making any changes to agility and acceleration as well ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
As far as Agility and Acceleration go I’m usually just ballparking it with them. Agility and acceleration are usually at about an 87-91 depending on the player as I assume if a player has elite speed they are more likely to be adequate or more than adequate in other aspects of skating.

There are exceptions though like most notably Subban and Laine. Laine has great straight line speed at a 90 , but has an 86 acceleration and an 87 agility while Subban has elite edgework with a 94 agility, but has average speed and acceleration at 86 each. These are based off of the many descriptions I’ve heard of them as skaters so yes there are differences between the 3 skating attributes depending on the player if I know there is, but for the most part there is some guesswork that is involved.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #15
Pro

As far as an update I have successfully moved these ratings over to NHL 19 and while doing so trimmed some fat by about 12-15 borderline players off the list just to see. I play on full sim with attribute effects on 10/10 and game speed at 4/6 which takes EA’s weights off the players while also preventing it from getting too arcade like . I have to say this is NHL game runs the smoothest out of all of them and the difference between players like Chara( 78 speed) and Mcdavid (99 speed) is night and day on these settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »