Home

10 days until release - are you buying it?

This is a discussion on 10 days until release - are you buying it? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2018, 06:14 PM   #41
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 10 days until release - are you buying it?

I may buy later on after a price drop. But the combination of not that much really changing for offline franchise, and the fact that I'm in Year 5 of a pretty damn fun Seattle expansion franchise on '18... I'll wait.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2018, 08:03 PM   #42
Rookie

No. I'm not into buying card packs. A thing I have very little respect for, especially if you buy cards every single year trying to acquire the players you had in the previous version of the game. You have to be quite the pigeon. Wake the f... up.

I'm clearly not their target so they won't get any money from me.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:48 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just wait for someone selling it. Don't give EA any money.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:52 AM   #44
Rookie

I'm in no mode to support EA any time soon with how they've treated the career mode in all of their sports games this year.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #45
Rookie

bradbitte's Arena

Rpm tech: fantastic! Oh well bob probert is skating like mcdavid...

Colision physics: fantastic! Huge hits you never find in real games... Arms looks like "rubber" with 360 degrees motion. Wtf?

Pond hockey: great, a vs between Crosby and Gretzky by dawn why not? No just a mode copy/paste on threes that is not even able to let players shows their abilities... who ask it by the way?

Over 200 legends: The must! 4 or 5 teams without animations, real faces/gears/ ice rinks. You can't edit or trade players, just commercial feature for HUT players.

And I'm not talking about custom music, roster sharing, gameplay in global, goalies, defense, shots, be a pro (still not playable), franchise mode etc

Please bring back 2k sports in the battle.

Last edited by bradbitte; 09-12-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #46
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm still waffling between getting it Friday and waiting until I have more of a hockey itch and/or it goes on sale. Almost certain I'm getting FIFA in 2+ weeks so if I make it until then, it's possible I could hold out until Black Friday if there's no deal before then.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #47
MVP

Syce's Arena

just a tip for anyone thinking of purchasing. Poke Checks are a absolute joke right now, what i mean is, DO NOT POKE CHECK unless you want a penalty. it was totally messed up right now, if u poke check u are almost 80%+ of time are going to get a tripping penalty.

now i typically play defense, and i usually hold my stick loose(to try and stop the pass into the middle of the ice) when player with the puck is coming down the sides and im trying to push him into the boards or to force him to shoot low, if he gets any where near your stick at all, he will fall over and you get a tripping call. Also Even if you put your stick down to block a shot if he goes near your stick at all it will be a trip.

now this may not happen this much for other people but i must warn you. Only use poke check when you KNOW its going to poke the puck.

also if you are chasing the guy with the puck and you are side by side with him and you want to poke the puck away from him. be warned, you will get a tripping penalty. you have to really USE the body a LOT more now instead of using your stick to break up plays.
Toronto Maple Leafs
Old 09-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #48
Just started!

If the legends were included by default with the standard game, I'd buy right away. But I'm seeing conflicting information as to wheather or not that's the case.

I don't really do anything with HUT. I usually just play single games offline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »