Home

NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2018, 09:01 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

The Operation Sports community are actively NOT ****ting on a NHL game for once?

The simulation must be breaking.

Seriously though hearing all this positive feedback is making me way more happy then it should, can't wait to play on Tuesday and hopefully see you guys in some games, crushing me to death with body checks or not.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:28 PM   #74
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
For those who are wondering, I am playing on the Xbox One X in 4K with HDR on. I'm playing on a Samsung curved 4K TV.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Is the game in HDR? I know the beta wasn’t. It would never activate my HDR inputs, which was a bummer.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:56 PM   #75
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

The latest tuner is not making me happy. Game feels like it's been tweaked for the worse. In fact, I might wipe the game off my xbox and reinstall and skip the tuners for now. Penalties are back to 2-3 a game, poke check seems nerfed and I'm starting to see that tape to tape passing again by the CPU team. My last 2 games have felt like NHL 18.

Why do they do this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 11:25 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
The latest tuner is not making me happy. Game feels like it's been tweaked for the worse. In fact, I might wipe the game off my xbox and reinstall and skip the tuners for now. Penalties are back to 2-3 a game, poke check seems nerfed and I'm starting to see that tape to tape passing again by the CPU team. My last 2 games have felt like NHL 18.

Why do they do this?

Very disappointing to read this.
I really wish they’d give players the option to choose which tuner to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-07-2018, 11:46 PM   #77
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

Why do they do this?
I havent noticed that. Just had great game playing as the Blues.Will post highlights soon.

Question: couldnt you just raise the trip penalty slider if they nerfed the poke check?
Old 09-08-2018, 12:31 AM   #78
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:

Why do they do this?
And.......there it is. See my earlier post. This is why I hate this series now. They make great strides to deliver a solid game but since HUT is their money maker they tune the gane to appease the whiners who have mommys credit card and ruin the game. If this is already hapoening during early access why buy the game. EA hates offline sim hockey fans
Old 09-08-2018, 12:46 AM   #79
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
I havent noticed that. Just had great game playing as the Blues.Will post highlights soon.

Question: couldnt you just raise the trip penalty slider if they nerfed the poke check?

Now I'm second guessing myself. Just finished the access too so I can't test anything till the 11th.

Regardless, I'll just do as Missourah stated and avoid any and all tuners. Not a huge deal really. Its worth it.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:12 AM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Now I'm second guessing myself. Just finished the access too so I can't test anything till the 11th.

Regardless, I'll just do as Missourah stated and avoid any and all tuners. Not a huge deal really. Its worth it.
I'm assuming you're getting the disc and not the digital download right? Or is there a way to skip the tuners on the digital download? I like doing digital downloads and was about to pre-order, but I don't want to do the digital version if I can't skip tuners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »