Home

NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 09-08-2018, 04:28 AM   #81
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikesburgh
I'm assuming you're getting the disc and not the digital download right? Or is there a way to skip the tuners on the digital download? I like doing digital downloads and was about to pre-order, but I don't want to do the digital version if I can't skip tuners.
Oh damn...good point lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2018, 07:43 AM   #82
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikesburgh
I'm assuming you're getting the disc and not the digital download right? Or is there a way to skip the tuners on the digital download? I like doing digital downloads and was about to pre-order, but I don't want to do the digital version if I can't skip tuners.
You can skip them, you don't have to click on tuner update, but if you do it does ask if you want keep original/use latest/always use latest.

I'm deleting it from my xbox and will reinstall and skip the tuners for now.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:03 AM   #83
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Looks like update 1.1.0 is a patch and you have to update to that if you have digital version. Tuners it will tell you there is an update when the game loads. I'm going to leave that alone after it reinstalls.

I believe you can just delete your saved data "everywhere" and it will delete the tuners but I'm reinstalling for good measure (and it does say 1.1.0).

Will get a game in and report back without any tuner updates.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:46 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
Is the game in HDR? I know the beta wasnít. It would never activate my HDR inputs, which was a bummer.

Nah, this is one of the few EA games that is not in HDR. I think Live is the other
Old 09-08-2018, 08:49 AM   #85
Rookie

Damn impressed with this game. Skating is gorgeous, etc etc, but one thing I want to focus on is the AI.

I have been playing this series forever, the same way I would skate into the zone like in the past does not work anymore. I am actually struggling on All-Star default sliders (I don't cheese for one timer goals and all of that and try to play actual hockey).

AI is putting a challenge for me as an offline player and I'm very happy with it.

Game is great so far AS IS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2018, 08:52 AM   #86
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Now I'm second guessing myself. Just finished the access too so I can't test anything till the 11th.

Regardless, I'll just do as Missourah stated and avoid any and all tuners. Not a huge deal really. Its worth it.
I hope you were wrong. Iíve seen so many positive posts I was getting excited but Iím always waiting for EA to screw it up somehow. They have ruined offline play 2 years in a row with tuners and patches catering to the online community. Iím looking forward to doing a full season for the first time since NHL 14 last gen and donít want to spend my time re-tweaking to deal with tuner updates
Old 09-08-2018, 09:34 AM   #87
MVP

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

I'm on Xbox One. So, I have to buy the physical copy to be able to stay on certain tuners? There's no way to do this digitally? Does the same apply to the PS4? Can someone please explain how it works on both consoles like I'm five? (lol)

PSN

Steam - TheBuddyHobbs

Xbox

Twitch

Twitter

YouTube

Last edited by TheBuddyHobbs; 09-08-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:50 AM   #88
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

If you're an OFFLINE player, DO NOT click on this box! At least for me, game took a step back to NHL 18 once I installed the latest tuner(s). If you do decide to use it, please let us know what you're seeing as far as gameplay goes. I HIGHLY recommend NOT using it though if you're an OFFLINE player.

You should be able to press the three lines button on your xbox controller in your games and apps on the NHL 19 game (not while playing, have to be out of the game completely) and then delete ALL saved data from EVERYWHERE (just deleting from console will not erase it all completely as it will reload from the cloud). That should delete all tuners but it does also delete your settings/favorite team, etc. When you go back into the game, stay FAR AWAY from that gameplay update box. If you do click it, there are options to use current/new/always new.

I just played another game, same teams (Blues (me) vs Washington) and it played so much better without the gameplay update. None of that tape to tape passing, lack of penalties, nerfed poke check, etc. Gameplay was loose again and AI more aggressive closing off space.

Last edited by MizzouRah; 09-08-2018 at 10:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »