Home

NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 09-08-2018, 03:12 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Weren't there issues on 17/18 where the default version got overwritten? Keep in mind I never knew about deleting saves so maybe I could have gotten back to the default version that way, but I remember people complaining tuner 1.00 wasn't actually the out of the box version.

Last edited by Pikesburgh; 09-08-2018 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Autocorrect is horrible
Old 09-08-2018, 03:21 PM   #98
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
This is just MY experience when I played two games post tuner update. It could have been the same tuner but I had that message twice and installed them. I'm not sure there were two separate tuners but I did accept two different instances of tuners. The game play after the first tuner was fine or seemed fine, yet not not as good as the out of the box experience. The 2nd one I downloaded I played two games and either it was just a small sample size or they definitely nerfed some things.

People should try the tuner(s) for themselves if they want, this was just my experience. I played 4 games before any tuners and it played great. With the tuner the CPU was ping ponging the puck around and penalties went down. Once I deleted my saved game data and played a couple more games, I was back to the out of the box experience of enjoying the game again. I know I'm back to original game play because I have that box that tells me a game play update is available, which I'm not going to install.

I just wish they would tell us what changes were made and maybe they will. Just for my personal preference, the game felt different when I installed the tuner(s) so I'll stay away from them for now.
Literally word for word was my experience the same.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #99
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikesburgh
Weren't there issues on 17/18 where the default version got overwritten? Keep in mind I never new about deleting saves so maybe I could have gotten back to the default version that way, but I remember people complaining tuner 1.00 wasn't actually the out of the box version.
If there is no way to get back to the default version when I download my purchase on Tuesday I'm gonna f***ing snap. Lol
Old 09-08-2018, 03:58 PM   #100
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
If there is no way to get back to the default version when I download my purchase on Tuesday I'm gonna f***ing snap. Lol
You should be ok.. the game is finished and was patched and included in the release, then they released another patch that takes the game to version 1.1.0 and downloads and installs if you have the EA Access version. The default tuner with 1.1.0 plays great, just stay away from the "game play update" once you have the game loaded up. In order to switch to that newer tuner you would have to manually download and install it/set it as active.

I haven't been able to find anything about that tuner though.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:59 PM   #101
Rookie

tjung0831's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
On Xbox One just make sure you delete from "everywhere". (your saves, I don't believe you need to delete the game itself, just the saves).

How do I delete saves I donít want?

You can manage your data for individual games through My games & apps on your Home screen. Here's how:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select My games and apps.

Highlight the game, press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Manage game.

In the menu on the left of the screen, scroll down to Saved Data, then highlight the saved data for your gamertag on the right and press the A button on your controller.

You'll be prompted to confirm deletion of this game save data:

Delete from console removes the local copy of this save. You can get it from the cloud the next time you play.

Delete everywhere removes your saved data from this console, the cloud, and all other consoles you play on.

Cancel leaves your data intact
Todd...thanks for this info! I updated and all the sudden I felt l was back with NHL 15 and 18. Got the game back with the original settings and it plays amazing once again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #102
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjung0831
Todd...thanks for this info! I updated and all the sudden I felt l was back with NHL 15 and 18. Got the game back with the original settings and it plays amazing once again.
So I'm not crazy? Lol! Good to hear you were seeing the same things post tuner.

Last edited by MizzouRah; 09-08-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #103
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Thanks for all your help Mizzourah. Very much.

This isn't the first time I've been forced to avoid a tuner. Lol It's been my long standing personal policy to wait for feedback until ever applying a tuner.

Once I find where I'm happy with a game...I leave it alone. Slideritus is a disease I no longer identify with lol
Old 09-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #104
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

So what time is the game available on Tuesday?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »