Home

NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 09-08-2018, 08:54 PM   #105
MVP

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
So what time is the game available on Tuesday?
12 AM EST

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

PSN

Steam - TheBuddyHobbs

Xbox

Twitch

Twitter

YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2018, 09:01 PM   #106
MVP

hyacinth1's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

I’ve already deleted the game. I’ll wait in 3 months or so when all the beta testing with the tuners is done and the game will be selling for a cheaper price.

Seems like the game release pleased the hardcore crowd but the last tuner patch pleases the casual gamer.

Maybe they should have 2 game modes - one for hardcore realists and the other who like the arcade/sim mix.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:21 PM   #107
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
Iíve already deleted the game. Iíll wait in 3 months or so when all the beta testing with the tuners is done and the game will be selling for a cheaper price.

Seems like the game release pleased the hardcore crowd but the last tuner patch pleases the casual gamer.

Maybe they should have 2 game modes - one for hardcore realists and the other who like the arcade/sim mix.
They do have game modes, the problem is most of us here like to play on simulation and tuners are released to cater to the online crowd. The solution is to stay away from them. The problem is it's all or nothing, so there are things the sim crowd might like a tuner for, but you also get the other tweaks that might cater more to the online folks.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:06 PM   #108
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
If you're an OFFLINE player, DO NOT click on this box! At least for me, game took a step back to NHL 18 once I installed the latest tuner(s). If you do decide to use it, please let us know what you're seeing as far as gameplay goes. I HIGHLY recommend NOT using it though if you're an OFFLINE player.

You should be able to press the three lines button on your xbox controller in your games and apps on the NHL 19 game (not while playing, have to be out of the game completely) and then delete ALL saved data from EVERYWHERE (just deleting from console will not erase it all completely as it will reload from the cloud). That should delete all tuners but it does also delete your settings/favorite team, etc. When you go back into the game, stay FAR AWAY from that gameplay update box. If you do click it, there are options to use current/new/always new.

I just played another game, same teams (Blues (me) vs Washington) and it played so much better without the gameplay update. None of that tape to tape passing, lack of penalties, nerfed poke check, etc. Gameplay was loose again and AI more aggressive closing off space.

Same **** every year. No thanks, EA.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:27 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
So I'm not crazy? Lol! Good to hear you were seeing the same things post tuner.
Just because I'm a little out of the loop, what did the tuner change for the worst?

Was excited for the game on Tuesday but I'm a little worried now and not too sure if I'm overthinking it.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:30 AM   #110
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Damn this is annoying to hear. Just when I was having fun. I loved the game offline but I do like to occasionally play a game or two online which you need the tuner to do so. I don't get why we can't download the tuner but not use it for offline. Now I'm leaning towards waiting until it's cheaper. I was 99% sure I was going to buy this after the trial the other day. I still have 3 more hours so at least I can get a couple games in.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-09-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #111
Rookie

tjung0831's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus
Just because I'm a little out of the loop, what did the tuner change for the worst?

Was excited for the game on Tuesday but I'm a little worried now and not too sure if I'm overthinking it.
Changes the CPU into the aggressive robot passing, one timer goal scoring crud that we got in NHL 18, 17, and 15.
The game plays fantastic if you avoid the tuner. There is a lot of potential here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 09:54 AM   #112
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
They do have game modes, the problem is most of us here like to play on simulation and tuners are released to cater to the online crowd. The solution is to stay away from them. The problem is it's all or nothing, so there are things the sim crowd might like a tuner for, but you also get the other tweaks that might cater more to the online folks.
While I agree with your assesment of how to avoid the tuner itís absurd that we have to even do that. EA actually bragged about fixing the poke check and making it more realistic only to nerf it for the spammers.....Iím mainly an offline gamer but like to jump online here and there so avoiding tuners is not possible for me. Years ago you could have all the tuners listed and choose which one you want but EA inexplicably removed it 2-3 years ago. The early access impressions had me stoked to get the game but this BS reminded me of who weíre dealing with. EA could care less about offline hardcore hockey fans. I might have to skip it and spare my self the frustration.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »