Home

NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 10:17 AM   #145
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I don’t do Franchise just season mode. I heard their were some good changes to franchise but those questions are better answerd by someone who plays it.
are those changes in season mode then??
league leaders or do you still have to cycle through all the stats and sort them?
is the league calendar still useless and just shows a score of the game and no boxscore??

how is simming in season mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 10:28 AM   #146
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
league leaders or do you still have to cycle through all the stats and sort them?
is the league calendar still useless and just shows a score of the game and no boxscore??

Will let you know. I’ve been experimenting on play now. I’m nit expecting anything new or exciting for season mode though
Old 09-12-2018, 12:24 PM   #147
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Ok for the tuner, looks like you can keep the default tuner for OFFLINE play if you want. (see screenshot) Just choose KEEP EXISTING UPDATE VERSION. My guess is since it says default OFFLINE gameplay then online would use the latest tuner update but offline would use whichever you choose.

I've been playing with the tuner and adjusting sliders as I do think the goalie play is better with the latest tuner, so it's give and take.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #148
Rookie

Quote:
In addition to my review on the previous page I would like to add the following;

Offline:
Player separation still does not exist. Every player every line seems to play the same. This is one of the most maddening things about this series.

HUT;
Thanks for the loyalty rewards....an 80 McDavid....meanwhile Mikeal Backlund is an 81 and my legend Wayne Gretzky, the greatest player to ever lace up skates, is only an 85 just 4 points higher than Backlund. Every single money move still works and goalies still can’t stop a beach ball.

Addition to my summery;
I’m still going to attempt a season because despite all the negativity I am enjoying it crouch to try but I still suspect by November I will be ready to throw it in the trash. Roster share and real player seoeration would have gone a long way for us forgotten offliners

This is exactly what I’ve been asking for. Player separation. Every freaking line plays the same way and no one plays like their actual real
Life skills. No thanks I’ll pass

Last edited by Dolphins88; 09-12-2018 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Spell
Old 09-12-2018, 12:55 PM   #149
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
No haven’t messed with sliders just yet. Will start tinkering today. I’m trying to keep it as close to out if the box as possible but AE is a good one to mess with. Someone discovered last year that changing backskating helped improve the D. I need to find that thread
I just played a fantastic game with the tuner (yes I like punishment) and AE on 10/10. Just like last year, it plays a much better overall game with AE maxed out. Player separation still needs an overhaul, but it plays the best imo with this maxed again this year.

The new tuner seems to tighten up goalies a bit too and with penalties all maxed out and AE on 10, I haven't seen the ping pong passing as of yet. My last game was actually very chaotic with a lot of lose pucks and my top lines holding the puck in the off zone and my grinders causing havoc. I also didn't see any over the top hits with AE on 10.

Need more testing!
Old 09-12-2018, 02:13 PM   #150
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77

Everything about season mode is exactly the same as last year including inconsistent commentary that does not fit with the current season. It’s just random again. The simmed games played out ok stat wise. There will not be a single upgrade to offline gameplay until they figure out a way to make extra money off it....

Last edited by jake19ny; 09-12-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #151
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I've been banging this drum for years, the lack of player separation/individuality stems more from the way players are rated than under-the-hood tuning, the AE slider, etc. The problem is the ratings don't emphasize individual strengths & weaknesses nearly enough.

For the most part, individual attribute ratings tend to be bunched around the overall rating/reputation of the player. You don't see notorious high-skill/no-defense players with very low DAWR/CHK/POKE/SHTBLK ratings. Or solid-but-unspectacular defenseman with low hands, deking, shot acc, but high in those defensive ratings. Or a grinder with low skill, but high speed, aggression, checking, etc. Or even just a guy with a great wrister and average slapper (Kessel), or defenseman with a so-so wrister but deadly slapper (Weber).

What we get are a bunch of 75s, 80s, or 85s across the board for a majority of players, so there's nothing to really distinguish them other than a general feeling of he's bad/OK/good/really good (and sometimes even that is lacking).

Last edited by Qb; 09-12-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 03:46 PM   #152
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
I've been banging this drum for years, the lack of player separation/individuality stems more from the way players are rated than under-the-hood tuning, the AE slider, etc. The problem is the ratings don't emphasize individual strengths & weaknesses nearly enough.

For the most part, individual attribute ratings tend to be bunched around the overall rating/reputation of the player. You don't see notorious high-skill/no-defense players with very low DAWR/CHK/POKE/SHTBLK ratings. Or solid-but-unspectacular defenseman with low hands, deking, shot acc, but high in those defensive ratings. Or a grinder with low skill, but high speed, aggression, checking, etc. Or even just a guy with a great wrister and average slapper (Kessel), or defenseman with a so-so wrister but deadly slapper (Weber).

What we get are a bunch of 75s, 80s, or 85s across the board for a majority of players, so there's nothing to really distinguish them other than a general feeling of he's bad/OK/good/really good (and sometimes even that is lacking).
What drives me nuts is that we've been banging this drum for over a decade now. Maybe more?
Clearly, EA has no interest in creating diversity among the player types.
It'll always be this way.
There's a better chance of 2K producing a hockey game again than there is EA giving us distinguishable player types and skills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »