Home

The Virtual NHL

This is a discussion on The Virtual NHL within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2018, 07:03 PM   #1
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
The Virtual NHL

Ok, guys. Thank you so much for your support thus far. Yes, I will be posting this in this forum and yes, I will finish this so its worth your time.

Intro video

Please keep any negative comments to yourself. I don't need them and I've probably already heard your point of view somewhere else along the way.

I know that many of you will follow this here on the forum, but if you'd be so kind (as many of you already have), please subscribe to the channel.

This may start BEFORE the originally stated start date of 9-23.

https://youtu.be/6RTMO7l9ZYc

I'm pretty damn excited, boys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 02:59 AM   #2
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Re: The Virtual NHL

OPENING NIGHT

https://youtu.be/tHtMuN6Z5ZA

Toronto and Montreal get us started!!! This is more fun than I was expecting.

Last edited by onlybygrace; 09-16-2018 at 03:04 AM.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:48 AM   #3
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

The Toronto-Montreal game was awesome. Lots of goals and a lot of near misses. Great way to start the season.

The San Jose defense with Karlsson and Burns... watch out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-20-2018, 10:25 PM   #4
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Episode Four: Evolution

Major announcement about the future vision of the channel. Thanks for the continued support and encouragement I've received here, guys. It means a lot.

I took some serious hate from a certain message board known for having a rather abusive culture and I must admit, it took me a bit by surprise. I mean, I expected haters, but wow.

Anyways...onward we go...

https://youtu.be/ydz6gSavVpQ
Old 09-21-2018, 07:16 PM   #5
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Deleted and bumped...

Last edited by onlybygrace; 09-21-2018 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 09:36 PM   #6
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Actually I'm going to keep this going. Gonna keep it posted in a couple of other forums where the culture welcoming and not so angry and cruel. Not going to let a few total a**holes ruin this for everyone who is still interested.

So I'm playing as four teams now instead of the whole NHL.

St. Louis
Toronto
Pittsburgh
Edmonton

Videos will be posted on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with highlights from the games played on those days.

So instead of 1271 games, I'm playing around 300 and posting videos half as often.

The first video will be posted tonight. Thanks for those who keep encouraging me. You are awesome!!!

Goals for each team:

St. Louis
50 wins
Tarasenko 40 goals
4 players over 60 points

Toronto
55 wins
5 players over 55 points
80 points for Tavares

Pittsburgh
48 wins
Crosby 85 points
Malkin 75 points
4 players over 55 points

Edmonton
Playoffs
100 points for McDavid

First video coming late tonight!!!

Last edited by onlybygrace; 09-21-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:12 PM   #7
Rookie

Chiefaho's Arena

OVR: 0

If I may make some suggestions to help you on your quest to actually play all 1,271 games: try playing 4 minute periods. I just did this on a whim last season because I was upset with only getting 1-2 games in with my free time, and it is probably the best choice I have made playing the series. I'm sure it would help you with this HUGE undertaking as well. It actually works really great, even on sim settings. I can still get high scoring games, and I can play a whole bunch of different games in one sitting. You don't even have to really tweak your sliders to get good results, just bump your speed up by one or two notches from wherever you were playing before.

If you don't want to use those settings or play 1,000+ games, here is a fun idea I think you might like: For the first half of the season, pick a handful of big games to play each week featuring top teams, and also play all Wednesday night rivalry games. About halfway through the season, start only playing games involving teams who are currently in a playoff spot, don't play games if both teams featured are out of a playoff spot. If one of those lower-end teams manages to make it into a division/wildcard spot, then you can start featuring them in your played games. This is what I did back when I posted virtual league highlights on forums a long time ago, and in my opinion it's the best way to go as you get to play a variety of teams, get a lot of coverage & highlights from the big teams and really experience the entire league, all while being able to play at your own pace with your own settings, not feeling overwhelmed with a huge amount of games.

Whatever you choose to do, I'll keep watching. It has been really fun to watch so far, as I haven't seen anyone do a good 'league coverage' playthrough of an NHL game (or any sports game for that matter) in a long time. Good luck and have fun!
Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
Cleveland Indians
San Francisco Giants
San Antonio Spurs
Crystal Palace
Schalke 04

Last edited by Chiefaho; 09-21-2018 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:31 PM   #8
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefaho
If I may make some suggestions to help you on your quest to actually play all 1,271 games: try playing 4 minute periods. I just did this on a whim last season because I was upset with only getting 1-2 games in with my free time, and it is probably the best choice I have made playing the series. I'm sure it would help you with this HUGE undertaking as well. It actually works really great, even on sim settings. I can still get high scoring games, and I can play a whole bunch of different games in one sitting. You don't even have to really tweak your sliders to get good results, just bump your speed up by one or two notches from wherever you were playing before.

If you don't want to use those settings or play 1,000+ games, here is a fun idea I think you might like: For the first half of the season, pick a handful of big games to play each week featuring top teams, and also play all Wednesday night rivalry games. About halfway through the season, start only playing games involving teams who are currently in a playoff spot, don't play games if both teams featured are out of a playoff spot. If one of those lower-end teams manages to make it into a division/wildcard spot, then you can start featuring them in your played games. This is what I did back when I posted virtual league highlights on forums a long time ago, and in my opinion it's the best way to go as you get to play a variety of teams, get a lot of coverage & highlights from the big teams and really experience the entire league, all while being able to play at your own pace with your own settings, not feeling overwhelmed with a huge amount of games.

Whatever you choose to do, I'll keep watching. It has been really fun to watch so far, as I haven't seen anyone do a good 'league coverage' playthrough of an NHL game (or any sports game for that matter) in a long time. Good luck and have fun!
Well...I guess you didnt see it but the plan has changed. I explained it in one of my last posts. Well, the one before this one.

I'm only playing as four teams. So around 300 games instead of 1271. Look at my post above yours for a much more detailed explanation.

BTW, I do really like your ideas though!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »