Home

How's your franchise going? NHL 19 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your franchise going? NHL 19 Edition within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 11-29-2018, 08:28 PM   #41
Rookie

m1a2lt's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How's your franchise going? NHL 19 Edition

Unfortunately, my first team died (the Kansas City Greyhounds) when the game wouldn't allow me to move forward a day (10 July 2022). So, started a new team in Houston. Wanted to do the Aeros but NHL19 doesn't offer their logo and the name can't be chosen for in game announcements so went with the Huskies (played in Houston 1957-59). Uses the original Aeros for their colors with a third jersey based on the AHL team. Currently doing their season in the Dynasty forum (link in signature).

And a look at their home jersey:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2018, 09:42 PM   #42
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Started my usual Flyers Franchise, made the Seattle Pioneers again as team #32 and moved Arizona to Kansas City.

Lost Dale Weise to the expansion draft (ooooo nooooooo)
Resigned Ivan Provorov to a 7yr/$6M per year contract
Resigned Travis Konecny to a 5yr/$4M per year contract
Signed Mike Smith(2yrs/$3.5M), Alex Stalock(2yrs/$1.475), Matt Duchene(1yr/$6M) and Tyler Myers(3yrs/$4.725M) during Free Agency
Traded Radko Gudas and prospect(I think one I drafted in the draft) to Buffalo for Sobotkov.

Entering Mid November with an 11-5-0 Record(Mike Smith has a .930 SV%)

Line up

Giroux-Coots-Voracek
JVR-Duchene-TK
Sobotka-Patrick-Lindblom
Laughton-Weal-Brickley/Jurco

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-T.Myers
P.Myers-S.Morin
(Defense is BIIIIG This year)

Smith-Stalock

Here Come the Kids -- NHL18 Flyers Franchise
Old 11-30-2018, 03:28 PM   #43
Pro

Shosum13's Arena

Can you add an expansion team after the start of a franchise? Like in year 2 or 3? I want to add an expansion team but don't want them in year 1, I'd love to be able to add one in year 2 or 3. With the ability to add one at the start of a franchise i don't know why they couldn't program it so you could add one at the end of any season. I would love to bring an expansion team to Seattle, or bring back the Quebec Nordiques in year 2 or 3 of my franchise.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:03 AM   #44
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Can you add an expansion team after the start of a franchise? Like in year 2 or 3? I want to add an expansion team but don't want them in year 1, I'd love to be able to add one in year 2 or 3. With the ability to add one at the start of a franchise i don't know why they couldn't program it so you could add one at the end of any season. I would love to bring an expansion team to Seattle, or bring back the Quebec Nordiques in year 2 or 3 of my franchise.
Nope, you can only add them at the start

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-01-2018, 07:49 PM   #45
Pro

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon

That's so stupid, they obviously have the technology in the game for a full on expansion feature since you can add one at the start. I just want to be able to play out the first season or two as is then add a team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #46
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
That's so stupid, they obviously have the technology in the game for a full on expansion feature since you can add one at the start. I just want to be able to play out the first season or two as is then add a team.
I think that would be a great feature if you could choose a year that an expansion team would enter the league. It would throw yet another element into franchise mode.

Recently finished my 3rd season with my Detroit Red Wings Dynasty (Link to it below in my signature), made playoffs for the 1st time & got handed a good old fashion beating by Tampa Bay in the 1st Round in 5 games. 2021/22 season promises much & looking forward to playing it.

Thanks to a terrible trade offer from Colorado before the 3rd season began, the Red Wings ended up with the 1st pick in the draft, which we selected a Medium Elite Left Winger, Fredrik Larsson. 1 game into pre-season & his 1st incomplete rating (fog of war) has him as possibly 84ovr which is fantastic for a rookie.

It might take me a while to get through the next season this month due to a work trip, then a family overseas trip during Xmas... Probably need a break anyway haha
Old 12-03-2018, 06:50 PM   #47
MVP

joshrmlb's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon

Hey buddy, this is the wrong thread, but have you made any progress in the editor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2018, 05:59 PM   #48
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

OVR: 20

So with the announcement of the new Seattle team coming to the NHL in three years I want to start my Avalanche franchise over.

Am I able to create a Seattle expansion team, but have it AI controlled? I just want to move the Coyotes to the Central division as planned irl, and obviously Seattle to the Pacific. But I don't really care to play as them.

Since I'm only 25 games in my first season I don't mind starting over. Plus I wouldn't mind a roster update if possible. Avalanche and Sabres should be getting upgrades no?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »