Home

How's your franchise going? NHL 19 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your franchise going? NHL 19 Edition within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 12-30-2018, 08:23 AM   #57
Just started!

BasicUgganomics's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's your franchise going? NHL 19 Edition

In 1997, the Hampton Roads Rhinos were snubbed from existence within the NHL for a variety of reasons, a small market, close proximity to the Caps, etc. and with the relocation of the Whalers to Hartford, the idea of a team in Norfolk was a longshot... until now.

Somehow, with the help of some voodoo magic or something, the Hampton Roads Rhinos, named the Norfolk Rhinos now, were granted an expansion team. Rocking teal and purple jerseys, the Rhinos (whose logo is a hog cuz NHL 19 doesn't have a Rhino logo (I think :P) are looking to make an impact in a NHL where expansion teams apparently have a chance.

This is their picks for the 2018-2019 NHL Expansion Draft.

Although they might not be the best team in their division, the Norfolk Rhinos are a shoe-in for at least the playoffs. GM Pol Pot will have to get creative with their 4th round draft pick and the free agency market. This team does have talent, especially within their defense. But it'll take a few years (and a few trades) to turn the Rhinos into Stanley Cup contenders, there will be bumps along the way, but Pol Pot said in a press conference, "We're gonna do this and if you don't believe in the Rhinos then I will personally get someone to kill you."
so personally the Rhinos probably have a chance... probably.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:25 AM   #58
Just started!

BasicUgganomics's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasicUgganomics
In 1997, the Hampton Roads Rhinos were snubbed from existence within the NHL for a variety of reasons, a small market, close proximity to the Caps, etc. and with the relocation of the Whalers to Hartford, the idea of a team in Norfolk was a longshot... until now.

Somehow, with the help of some voodoo magic or something, the Hampton Roads Rhinos, named the Norfolk Rhinos now, were granted an expansion team. Rocking teal and purple jerseys, the Rhinos (whose logo is a hog cuz NHL 19 doesn't have a Rhino logo (I think :P) are looking to make an impact in a NHL where expansion teams apparently have a chance.

This is their picks for the 2018-2019 NHL Expansion Draft.

Although they might not be the best team in their division, the Norfolk Rhinos are a shoe-in for at least the playoffs. GM Pol Pot will have to get creative with their 4th round draft pick and the free agency market. This team does have talent, especially within their defense. But it'll take a few years (and a few trades) to turn the Rhinos into Stanley Cup contenders, there will be bumps along the way, but Pol Pot said in a press conference, "We're gonna do this and if you don't believe in the Rhinos then I will personally get someone to kill you."
so personally the Rhinos probably have a chance... probably.

*4th overall
4th round would suck Rhino nuts for Norfolk
Old 12-30-2018, 09:39 AM   #59
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

Nice team, love the name & colours, plus a good expansion draft, though I hear the GM is a bit of a dictator.
Good work making the playoffs, looking forward to seeing how you go.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:02 PM   #60
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Since I am finally decided settings to roll with, default all star competitive. I started up a Panthers franchise with fantasy draft. How I set up draft order is by real world NHL standings. So I had 22nd pick. I also sim entire draft and have to roll with whomever drafted. I got Suban, but not much else, lmao. Early on I'm 1-3. Will be tough road.

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown
Old 01-01-2019, 09:11 PM   #61
Pro

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

After seeing some of the expansion teams in these threads it's making me really want to start a franchise with an expansion team. I just wish that you could choose to add the 32nd team in whichever year that you choose. I want to be able to wait until a year or two in to add one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2019, 04:30 PM   #62
Just started!

BasicUgganomics's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBattleCat
Nice team, love the name & colours, plus a good expansion draft, though I hear the GM is a bit of a dictator.
Good work making the playoffs, looking forward to seeing how you go.

Perhaps they shouldn't of made the GM a Cambodian dictator, considering the team went 19-51-12 the first season
Nowhere to go but up for the Hampton Roads Rhinos though
Maybe season 2 will fare better

But their AHL affiliate, White Deer Lake Caribou was a completely different story, being lifted to Calder Cup Glory with "Dinner at Denny's", the G.O.A.T Dennis Seidenberg, and the 4th overall pick in the draft, a 79 overall C that I've forgotten the name of
Old 01-07-2019, 03:23 PM   #63
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Panthers year 1 franchise, early January. I brought in Loungo from trade block as starter is out till feb. 7 game losing streak heads to Pittsburgh where we get a thumping 0-6 with backup goalie rated 70. Immediately trade for Loungo to bring stability to position. Next game vs Flames I get a 3-2 win. This is a fantasy draft franchise based of real world NHL standings, so I had 22nd pick. I am currently 6th in division.

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown

Madden 19 - Falcons year 2
FIFA 19 - Dortmund year 2
Show 18 - Braves year 2
NHL 19 - Panthers year 1
NBA 2K19 - Hawks year 1
Old 01-20-2019, 01:59 PM   #64
MVP

IrishSalsa's Arena

OVR: 20

2018-2019 Colorado Avalanche season update #1

The first 10 games of the season are complete! We start the season strong with a 7-2-1 record over these first 10 games.

Date: October 26, 2018

Record: 7-2-1 (15pts), first in Central Division.

Injuries: None

Games I played:

5-2 W vs Wild

5-3 L @ Blue Jackets

3-2 OTW vs Flames

2-1 L @ Devils

5-4 OTW @ Flyers

Team leaders:

Points... Rantanen 16pts (7g 9a)

Goals... Rantanen (7)

Assists... McKinnon (10)

Goalie stats:

Semyon Varlamov- 6w 1L 1otl 1so .924% 2.09gaa

Philipp Grubauer- 1w 1L 0otl 0so .912% 2.42gaa

Games I will play out of next 10 are: I play every other game!

Vs Senators (2-5-1)

@ Flames (4-4-2)

vs Predators (5-4-1)

@ Oilers (3-5-0)

Vs Capitals (3-4-2)

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »