Home

How's your franchise going? NHL 19 Edition

This is a discussion on How's your franchise going? NHL 19 Edition within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #1
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
How's your franchise going? NHL 19 Edition

It's time we got this thread started...

I started my expansion franchise over the weekend. I decided to go with the old, AND with the new, and created the Seattle Whalers. I also made a custom AHL affiliate, the Denver Roughriders.

I'm off to a 2-2-0 start, with overtime wins at the Penguins and at the Predators to open the season, and back to back one goal losses at the Panthers and home against the Chicago Blackhawks.

Winger Jesper Fast is leading the team with 6 points through the first four games, and linemate Yani Gourde leads the team with two goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 08:10 PM   #2
Rookie

creevjam9's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How's your franchise going? NHL 19 Edition

I'm going to eventually do a Flyers one once the rosters are updated and I go through and adjust ratings and such. We so badly need roster sharing....

Anyway, in the mean time I'm stuck between the Virginia Hammerheads (replace Detroit in the Atlantic and move them to the central). Or the Wisconsin Whalers

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-18-2018, 08:54 PM   #3
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

2-0 with the Kings so far. Won game one vs SJ 1-0 in OT and beat Det 3-0 both at home. Kovalchuk has 2 Power Play goals so far. I am having fun using him right now
Old 09-19-2018, 09:17 AM   #4
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
It's time we got this thread started...

I started my expansion franchise over the weekend. I decided to go with the old, AND with the new, and created the Seattle Whalers. I also made a custom AHL affiliate, the Denver Roughriders.

I'm off to a 2-2-0 start, with overtime wins at the Penguins and at the Predators to open the season, and back to back one goal losses at the Panthers and home against the Chicago Blackhawks.

Winger Jesper Fast is leading the team with 6 points through the first four games, and linemate Yani Gourde leads the team with two goals.
Started one as the Seattle Spartans. Curious as to what trades you made after the expansion draft? I did mine and because the best players available seem to be D-men, I ended up moving back enough of those prize fighters (Ekholm, Dumolin, Larsson, Martinez, etc.) to end up with 5 1st round picks in 2019. Kinda felt like cheating though since I didn't end up with bodies. Just curious to know how others handle this.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:58 AM   #5
Rookie

IlliniOne82's Arena

OVR: 1

I haven't played an NHL game in probably 9 years but decided I'd give this a try. I started a Blackhawks franchise using the most recent roster update and AlTito's sliders. Kind of just dove right in without playing any "play now" games to learn and would just figure it out as I went. Lost the first two games 3-0 and 2-0 to Ottawa and St. Louis. Had a lot of trouble creating many chances or shots. By the 3rd game I started to anticipate movement of the players on my team and was able to create more chances, losing 3-2 to Toronto. I'm still getting vastly outshot but the gap has closed game by game. A lot of this is because I can't win a faceoff to save my life. I would guess over 3 games I'm only winning 20-25%. But I'll keep at it and I'm having a lot of fun with this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 10:30 AM   #6
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Started one as the Seattle Spartans. Curious as to what trades you made after the expansion draft? I did mine and because the best players available seem to be D-men, I ended up moving back enough of those prize fighters (Ekholm, Dumolin, Larsson, Martinez, etc.) to end up with 5 1st round picks in 2019. Kinda felt like cheating though since I didn't end up with bodies. Just curious to know how others handle this.
I can't really remember all of them (should have written them down), but the biggest moves I made were:

1) Signing Adrian Kempe, gave up a 2nd rounder for him as he was an RFA. He's only 21, has NHL experience, and projects as a Top 6 forward, 81 overall currently according to my scouts.

2) Traded away one of my three solid goalies, I can't remember who, but he was a fringe starter. I believe I got a third for him.

3) Was offered a trade where I received Antione Vermette. He's not very good, but I needed another center (they're slim pickings in the expansion draft) and he has something like 88 faceoffs, which is incredibly valuable on the PK unit.

4) Signed Riley Sheahan to be my 2C/3C.

My best players are Yani Gourde, Riley Nash, Tyler Myers and Phillip Grubauer... besides that it's a team loaded with 3rd liners for the most part. Dominic Simon is 1C on my AHL Denver Roughriders (who play at the "RC Cola Center", lol) and has been killing it with 7 points through 4 games, so I may give him a call-up at some point if he keeps that up.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #7
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

4-1 with LA. Played 3 simmed 2. Kovalchuck leads the league in goals with 5 so far. Having a hard time scoring with everyone else except him and toffoli.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-19-2018, 11:43 AM   #8
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

Started an LA Kings franchise. I’ve only played one preseason game which against Vegas. I won that game 6-1. I’ll have to double check which roster I’m using, but I always go with Al Tito’s slider set. I’ve actually been playing more of the Champions Hockey League tournament as the Eisbaren Berlin. It’s a lot of fun playing on the larger ice surface. I’m currently sitting at 2-0-1 in the tournament. Will post more about my Kings franchise once I fire it up....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »