Home

NHL 19 Patch 1.20 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on NHL 19 Patch 1.20 Available Now - Patch Notes Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2018, 05:14 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: new update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I played one game post patch and this is the best EA NHL game "out of the box" that I have ever played. I lost 4-2 against Winnipeg but it was an exciting and realistic game of hockey!

The CPU teammate AI has really improved in 19, I see them taking the body, covering the open players in the slot, making smart decisions, etc.. Also, the goalies seem to really have great positioning and you have to pick your spots to score goals.

I have my fingers crossed they leave the game alone as far as gameplay goes, for me it seems about perfect right out of the box on default AS, 8 minute periods and all penalty sliders maxed.

Barbashev got rocked by a Winnipeg player and usually he would lay on the ice due to an injury but he popped up and looked dazed and they blew the whistle to stop play.. I don't remember seeing that before. I had outshot them 12-3 in the first period but like most real NHL games, Winnipeg turned up the intensity in the 2nd period and I was on my heels most of the period. Really fun game!
I enjoy it but I can't get opposing teams to score on me. The most goals I give up is maybe 2 and that is rare and I usually double up the CPU in shots. Thats on AS with no slider adjustments. And it's Jake Allen in net so we know he shouldn't be shutting everyone out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2018, 08:03 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 19 Patch 1.20 Available Now - Patch Notes Here

Was hoping to get pom pom toque to appear for goalies in 3 vs 3 or 6 vs 6 and be able to have hats appear for female players, but a really good update and the best of the NHL series in a long time. I'm playing everyday and look forward to it.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:42 PM   #27
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I need to give the Franchise guys some serious props. They've fixed and tuned pretty much everything I had an issue with. Even went above and beyond and switched salary cap off during pre-season—so I can play whatever lineup I want without running into weird and unrealistic restrictions. Not used to this level of attention and detail in an era of Ultimate Team.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:57 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogi76
Didn't play with the update yet, but as i can see, two things that bother me, weren't included.

1. offline franchise mode AI players are faster than mine. I can understand, that the guy with the puck is a bit slower but that should be addressed on the other way around also. When i chase the AI guy with the puck, i could catch up with him eventualy

2. AI can poke check from behind and every single time i get pushed ahead and loose the puck. When i try to do the same, it usualy results in tripping or some other penalty.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but otherwise as i mentioned in other topic, the game is great and can't stop playing.
These are my only issues. I don't get how others are getting past this. For the ones really enjoying the game, are you guys just ignoring this part of the game? How is this not frustrating?
Old 10-05-2018, 01:10 AM   #29
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I think the issues with cpu reaction ability, reaction time both with and without the puck, and their ability to engage you physically at a ridiculous range are vastly improved with the patch. It's almost like the cpu wasn't using a lot of the new blends and pivots before, and now they do. I continue to be very impressed with how much positive change has occurred with this patch.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:11 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceJulien14
Yes every team has released there roster, but in order for some players to be added, such as some ncaa players etc. They need to play one nhl regular season game before they are apart of the nhlpa - and the Nhl game can only use players in the nhlpa, so they must wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An underage player can be sent back to junior before playing his 10th NHL game. If they play that 10th game the first year of their 3 year entry level contract is burned. Rosters aren't really finalized until after the 9 game threshold, therefore EA doesn't put out the official roster until those moves have been completed. It's been this way forever.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:56 AM   #31
Rookie

Chiefaho's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I need to give the Franchise guys some serious props. They've fixed and tuned pretty much everything I had an issue with. Even went above and beyond and switched salary cap off during pre-season—so I can play whatever lineup I want without running into weird and unrealistic restrictions. Not used to this level of attention and detail in an era of Ultimate Team.
This is great news! FIFA feels this way too this year, not so much in the Career Mode department but definitely in the on field gameplay department. I'm really shocked at how much attention was put into gameplay issues this year, stuff as simple as the size of the ball have finally been fixed. I think it's because One, some countries are starting to crack down on Ultimate Team as an illegal form of gambling and two, I don't have anything to prove it but I feel Ultimate Team may finally be starting to lose it's charm with some of it's audience, and EA will have to start paying attention to offline modes in its games again to make up profit.

Anyways, firing NHL up right now, can't wait to try out the patch!
Mighty Ducks of Anaheim
Cleveland Indians
San Francisco Giants
San Antonio Spurs
Crystal Palace
Schalke 04
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 08:47 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
How is the gameplay on Franchise mode?
Is it similar to Play Now and Season Mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »