Home

NHL 19 Tuner 1.03 Released - Full Details Here

This is a discussion on NHL 19 Tuner 1.03 Released - Full Details Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2018, 06:26 PM   #33
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 19 Tuner 1.03 Released - Full Details Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
I usually buy the game every year at release but held off this year because every year EA ruins his game with updates, and I wanted to hold off and see how things turned out. I did play the game at release at my buddies house and really liked how it played.

I am considering finally picking the game up and was wondering if you guys could answer a question for me. According to this forum and EA forum that last two tuner updates were extremely unpopular. My question is if I set the tuner to 1.00 or 1.01 will the game play closer to how it did at release, or is this game irrevocably broken due to the patch? If any one could help me out with an answer it would be much appreciated, as it may save me some cash.
I'm using tuner 1.01 because of the "stick lift" issue. However, I liked the game before the patches (I'm not sure which one screwed the game up).

Before the patches the game had more "flow". Now, I guess they implemented more "player separation" and the game has become more "clunky". More like '18 unfortunately.

The patches do bring fixes for "franchise" and improvement to the A.I. So, it's a tough call, but because of the patches the tuners don't play like they did in the beta or when the game was released and I'm not sure I like it all that much.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:19 PM   #34
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper
I'm using tuner 1.01 because of the "stick lift" issue. However, I liked the game before the patches (I'm not sure which one screwed the game up).

Before the patches the game had more "flow". Now, I guess they implemented more "player separation" and the game has become more "clunky". More like '18 unfortunately.

The patches do bring fixes for "franchise" and improvement to the A.I. So, it's a tough call, but because of the patches the tuners don't play like they did in the beta or when the game was released and I'm not sure I like it all that much.
Thanks for the answer. That's disappointing. Would you say I would be wise to skip then?
Old 11-01-2018, 08:53 PM   #35
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. That's disappointing. Would you say I would be wise to skip then?
I honestly don't know. EA started the year with great potential and then business as usual. They ruined the game with patches.

That being said, I wouldn't play any past version on this gen. '19 is the best from an offline perspective. I still get great games with "full sim" default settings (which is pre-set for 10 minute periods) despite the patches.

The problem is it just doesn't feel as fluid as it did on release. Sometimes I'm ahead on my inputs and the player I'm controlling is doing weird things similar to the TPS nonsense. When I first got the game there was a "smoothness" to it that is no longer there. Even if I played a game on "competitive" and then switched to "full sim", the game still felt fluid. Now, it just doesn't. So, maybe if you didn't get used to it from the beginning, you won't notice it.

I mean, if it's on sale, I said say buy it. I'm gonna try a franchise once we get a decent roster. I like the game enough to give it a chance. There's just 2 things that bother me: 1. the game was better prior to the patches 2. player faces (or the lack their of) make it really hard to get immersed in the game. I play just about all my games and seeing the same bad generic faces over and over makes it hard to connect to them (especially when you have "twins" on your team). Too much "cookie cutter" in this game. There's very little to connect to personnel wise, which is really what a "franchise" mode is about, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2018, 09:14 PM   #36
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper
I honestly don't know. EA started the year with great potential and then business as usual. They ruined the game with patches.

That being said, I wouldn't play any past version on this gen. '19 is the best from an offline perspective. I still get great games with "full sim" default settings (which is pre-set for 10 minute periods) despite the patches.

The problem is it just doesn't feel as fluid as it did on release. Sometimes I'm ahead on my inputs and the player I'm controlling is doing weird things similar to the TPS nonsense. When I first got the game there was a "smoothness" to it that is no longer there. Even if I played a game on "competitive" and then switched to "full sim", the game still felt fluid. Now, it just doesn't. So, maybe if you didn't get used to it from the beginning, you won't notice it.

I mean, if it's on sale, I said say buy it. I'm gonna try a franchise once we get a decent roster. I like the game enough to give it a chance. There's just 2 things that bother me: 1. the game was better prior to the patches 2. player faces (or the lack their of) make it really hard to get immersed in the game. I play just about all my games and seeing the same bad generic faces over and over makes it hard to connect to them (especially when you have "twins" on your team). Too much "cookie cutter" in this game. There's very little to connect to personnel wise, which is really what a "franchise" mode is about, IMO.
Yeah they ruin this game every year with patches. Seems to be business as usual at EA
Old 11-02-2018, 01:13 PM   #37
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

So if I install the game with my internet off, it should install with out the patch. This making the game play more like it did at release correct?
Old 11-02-2018, 07:01 PM   #38
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

Quote:
So if I install the game with my internet off, it should install with out the patch. This making the game play more like it did at release correct?
Hmm... I'm not sure exactly. I think there was a day-one patch. If I remember correctly, when I installed the game there was a prompt to download an "update". So, I couldn't tell you what the game played like with a raw install from the disk.

What I can tell you is that for the first few weeks post release the game was like the beta and had the feel of "improvement" that we all wanted. I'm not sure which tuner or patch ruined the game, but the recent ones took away the "fresh" feel the game initially had. We now have a more "sluggish" game.

Is it better than any other iteration of this gen? Yes, but it's regressed from the Beta and the day-one release/update.

So, I'm not sure what you'll get with a raw install. I'm guessing it will be like the Beta, but it may have problems that needed to be patched, hence the day-one update.

That being said, I don't think you can update to a specific point. I believe if you install the game now, the update will be up to the most recent version of the patches.

I'm afraid to uninstall my game because I heard that I would lose the earlier versions of the tuners when I reinstall. I really don't know what is true though, maybe things will be reconciled with another patch.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:55 PM   #39
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I was prompted for a tuner update today but it still said 1.03?
Old 11-05-2018, 02:22 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I was prompted for a tuner update today but it still said 1.03?
Me too. Wonder what it is?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »