Home

Don't DL 1.03 ver. 2.

This is a discussion on Don't DL 1.03 ver. 2. within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2018, 04:55 PM   #9
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Don't DL 1.03 ver. 2.(Disregard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
The game at times no matter what feels different. Game to game, day to day etc. Knock on wood I haven’t felt that way yet this year but I have the last two years. I realized it’s not the sliders, it’s the game. Although when I feel it’s off I would go to a somewhat default saved slider set for a few games, then back to mine.

I really think there's a "dynamic difficulty adjustment" that's at work to "simulate" real life variances. I definitely see it in modes like Be A GM and I think it's also present for Play Now games. Whether or not it's tied to the user profile, I have no idea.

This is why I think slider gurus have such frustration in evaluating their adjustments, because they're getting false positives in their trials.

I never touch the sliders and I get varying degrees of what I call A.I. ability. And also varying degrees of aggressiveness. At least that's what I've experienced in the past.

This year, like you said Fiddy, I haven't seen it that much. Although, I still see some of the old occurrences of the scripted A.I. "mistakes".

I mean, I think I understand what the Devs are trying to do to create real life scenarios, but I guess they just can't get it to where it looks natural instead of contrived. This year has been better, but I guess it's a really difficult task.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper
I really think there's a "dynamic difficulty adjustment" that's at work to "simulate" real life variances. I definitely see it in modes like Be A GM and I think it's also present for Play Now games. Whether or not it's tied to the user profile, I have no idea.

This is why I think slider gurus have such frustration in evaluating their adjustments, because they're getting false positives in their trials.

I never touch the sliders and I get varying degrees of what I call A.I. ability. And also varying degrees of aggressiveness. At least that's what I've experienced in the past.

This year, like you said Fiddy, I haven't seen it that much. Although, I still see some of the old occurrences of the scripted A.I. "mistakes".

I mean, I think I understand what the Devs are trying to do to create real life scenarios, but I guess they just can't get it to where it looks natural instead of contrived. This year has been better, but I guess it's a really difficult task.
This could be the case for sure.. I notice teams play differently, at least somewhat. San Jose and Nashville hit like crazy and other teams barely hit anyone.. it's a decent variation but could use some improvement to distinguish teams even more.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:49 PM   #11
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Don't DL 1.03 ver. 2. (Disregard)

Just turned on my game and noticed there’s a new tuner update, but when I downloaded it it just says version 1.03 again. Is this 1.03 ver 3? If so why not just make it 1.04? I fail to understand EA’s “logic” at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
This could be the case for sure.. I notice teams play differently, at least somewhat. San Jose and Nashville hit like crazy and other teams barely hit anyone.. it's a decent variation but could use some improvement to distinguish teams even more.
Played Nashville for the first time last night and yeah, they were really aggressive in terms of checking/physical play.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »