Home

NHL 19 '99 Edition' Launches Today - Custom Gretzky Cover Art, 8 Gold Packs & Much More

This is a discussion on NHL 19 '99 Edition' Launches Today - Custom Gretzky Cover Art, 8 Gold Packs & Much More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 19 '99 Edition' Launches Today - Custom Gretzky Cover Art, 8 Gold Packs & Much More

EA Sports has announced their NHL 19 ‘99 Edition’, a limited time digital download on PS4...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2018, 12:23 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 19 '99 Edition' Launches Today - Custom Gretzky Cover Art, 8 Gold Packs & Muc

article is confusing are they saying you can play with legends on your offline cfm
? otherwise who cares
Old 11-16-2018, 11:48 AM   #3
Rookie

"Limited time edition custom Gretzky cover". Anyone remember when that actually*would have been a "real" cover ? But I agree who cares.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:42 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: NHL 19 '99 Edition' Launches Today - Custom Gretzky Cover Art, 8 Gold Packs & Muc

Just a heads up - this version has been marked down to $40 as part of the PSN's Black Friday sales:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...L19GRETZKYEDTN

The standard version is down to $30. I'm probably going to pick it up at that price - I'm not interested in all the Gretzky HUT stuff.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzleroybrown
article is confusing are they saying you can play with legends on your offline cfm
? otherwise who cares
Where do you see that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2018, 10:08 AM   #6
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

Slap in the face to all hoping for legends offline.
Old 11-22-2018, 09:01 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt96
Slap in the face to all hoping for legends offline.
They wont release the legends in offline play they want people to pay
and I for one will never pay and ill tell you why I do not play online nor do I care to play online. I bought this game every year but this is the first that i am passing , there really is not enough new things for me to actually think its a new game just a roster update with a few game tweaks.

This game needs new direction the goalie masks are terrible and no user creation the cyberfaces they add are very minimal every year, no roster sharing no sharing at all of anything, player models are too big compared to the ice they occupy the goalies are all the same size they need tons of different player models a million different puck sounds when they hit the bar or backboards the puck needs to go a million different directions when it goes off the bar and the puck should go weird ways that cause un planned breakaways I would also like to see some kinda computer errors on there coverage the cpu players are always in right place players do not slip.

And I bet everyone is tired of seeing passes by the cpu and watching the cpu do one timers when there not even looking I for one would like to see player awareness icons on the cpu players so that you can not pass to them until there aware otherwise the puck will just go hit the boards or go over there sticks or hit there skates. The players on the ice can not be always aware of whats going on there is no human error in this hockey game and that is what hockey is about

One of the most exciting things in hockey is the faceoff its powerful there should be fights in the circle for it and broken sticks from it , and all the players should have there own scoring celebration more signature moves for the superstars way more breakaway chances and breakaway camera and line changes should never happen when your on the offensive advantage , how many times have you passed it to a dude who happens to go off the ice as you pass it to him ?

happens to me a lot when I have it on auto and where are the penalties for to many men on ice its not even possible in this game along with a lot of other things that can happen in a hockey game.

and what about the physicality of hockey i find it hard to make contact with the cpu you wiff so many times and this year is even worse i know i have seen many people talk about it on youtube .

the game needs more authentic arena music and the actual teams intros as well as use of the jumbotrons on replays and commentary needs to talk more about what is going on during the season as far as where teams are headed
more one on one talk about your players and stats stats stats a true tv style presentation , you also should be able to cut players on your roster i myself
trade as many as i can to a team and take one player back just so i can have open spots i should not have to do all that i should be able to just cut the players that i do not want. more accurate Ice i would rather see the actual stuff on every teams ice than stupid ads on the boards .

But I will go out on a limb and tell you next year will be a big year for this game as they will finally use frostbite and add it to origin for pc use then I will buy the game, they rolled out Madden this year and next will be this hockey game they want people to subscribe and there gonna need another game to entice and it will be this one mark my words its coming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »