Home

Top Features Missing From the EA NHL Series

This is a discussion on Top Features Missing From the EA NHL Series within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 01-07-2019, 07:06 PM   #9
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Coaches and winter classic would get me to buy it again. Tired of not having real coaches in there since every sports game has it. Plus frostbite would be a good indication of showing off the winter classic
NHL New York Rangers
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 01-07-2019, 07:41 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Top Features Missing From the EA NHL Series

Better presentation (ala NBA 2k19 and MLB the Show), and custom music would bring me back.

I bought every year from the original PC game to 2017. I haven't missed it these past two years after being repeatedly frustrated.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:35 PM   #11
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

OVR: 0

I would love to see the All star game come back into the series.

There are many imperfections to this game, & missing features that I have learned to look past, but this has always been something I have wanted back since it was scrapped.

Even if they were just to inject the 3 on 3 games without the skills competitions I would be fine with that. JUST GIVE US SOMETHING!

I'd even like the option during Franchise mode creation, to choose between 3-on-3 format and the classic 5-on-5 East-vs-West format.
I'd almost choose the latter over the new format any day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2019, 09:51 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3
Please no more story modes, put storylines in franchise if anything. I'm guessing I'm alone in not being sold by frostbite. It's a FPS engine Ignite is specifically for sports games. I can't see how it benefits Madden these past two years outside of more equipment and prettier visuals.*
Old 01-07-2019, 10:14 PM   #13
Rookie

One thing* that has baffled me in terms of rosters, why is there not the option to select players for the different national teams like there is in FIFA.
Old 01-07-2019, 10:41 PM   #14
Rookie

- Custom Music. Just bring it back already, MLB The Show shows how it works. This feature would add so much to authenticity.

- Roster sharing. Enough said.

- A team creator/editor like NBA 2K has. Let us create jerseys and center ice layouts for existing teams. Let us import logos, ice and board ads. It would also be cool if we could place the arena name on the ice for created teams.

- International tournaments. WCH, World Championships, WJC, Olympics (haha), just give us something, please.

- Canadian broadcast. Would be nice if we could switch between NBC and TSN/CBC/SN, depending on playing with american or canadian teams.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:03 PM   #15
Pro

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Frostbite please. Long overdue in this series. Also can we please get features we had in previous gen back? Like a functional trade deadline, an all-star game, and custom music.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2019, 09:33 AM   #16
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

That list is good but story mode is a waste. If I had my way it would be as follows;

1) Roster Share no brainer

2) Custom music and Goal Horns. Had them in NHL 14

3) Better teammate AI is a must.

4) Correct long overdue issues like a forward playing defense on the PK because your defenseman for that line is in the box but you still have 5 other defenseman available. Wingers taking faceoffs when you have a center out there. CPU using its timeout. Etc, etc..

5) upgrade the commentary and presentation is a must. Scoring a late go ahead goal in Game 7 of the Cup looks, sounds, and feels the same as scoring the 6th goal of a blowout in game 7 of your season.

6) custom goalie masks even if itís using pre designed templates. Better updates and color selection to goalie gear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »