Home

Top Features Missing From the EA NHL Series

This is a discussion on Top Features Missing From the EA NHL Series within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2019, 09:52 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
I don't give a fig about story mode or anything with online gaming.* I want better (more immersive) franchise experience.* Player cards with full stats, teams played for, awards won, cups won, etc.* A robust player search feature.* More difference in how the players play on the ice (relative to their ratings).* Ability to change eras would be nice (I miss the wider open play of the 1990's, complete with more fighting).* Board play, while realistic, is just not fun - I'd love an option to turn it off.* I do agree about the need for roster sharing.**
Old 01-08-2019, 11:02 AM   #18
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Unhappy Re: Top Features Missing From the EA NHL Series

This article is exactly right it is a love hate relationship the love comes from our love of the sport of video game hockey. The hate comes from the only way to play video game hockey is this title without no real competition. I do think the gameplay is getting much better however no real immersion for us offliners. It is unfortunate that core fans do not get any recognition for being loyal to the series however what do we do? Some boycott of course I buy it every year and try to find a way to play that satisfies that hockey itch hoping that one day they will erase a few of these modes and come with a more immersion experience. It appears hut and the extra money that it generates is standing in the way and it does not look like this is stopping anytime soon but we wait......
Old 01-08-2019, 11:31 AM   #19
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61
I think gameplay is solid as well. Not a story mode guy myself either. But I'd like to see:

* Frostbite Engine use
* Real Coaches
* Custom music return
* All Star weekend (this should not be missing from ANY sports title)
* Winter Classic
* Intermission Report (ala NHL 2K but better)
* TSN presentation for Canadian games
Old 01-08-2019, 11:50 AM   #20
Rookie

Blackwood Bully's Arena

OVR: 1
Roster Sharing & Classic teams
Old 01-09-2019, 01:38 AM   #21
Rookie

BigBadAss33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Top Features Missing From the EA NHL Series

Im am strictly offline Franchise and BAP player.

Here is my small lisdongt of things that would improve the NHL series

1. BLOOD - EA motto even says "If its in the game, its in the game" Well blood isn't and don't give me this rating BS we all know parenting has fallen way short and if they buy their 7 yr old GTA5 they have no issue purchasing NHL with blood in it.

2. More Realistic injuries(IN GAME) and CAREER ending Injuries - If a player is hurt in the 1st but its minor let the player or me make the decision to play or sit. How can i know at the end of a game that a player will return on January 5th, yet i check the injury list and it says pending.. That makes no sense.

3. CPU Player Grievances - This is a HUGE part of the game.. I want guys to complain they are not getting ice time. I want players to demand trades. The current moral system sucks and is easy to control..

4. Trade Deadline Day - Hour by hour like it used to be..
5. Free Agency - Top Players don't wait 5 days to sign. Minor but still needs fixing.

6. TV Style Reporting - This would make the presentation much better than reading about the highlights on the message board.

7. All Star game and winter Classic - again would improve the presentation.
8. DRAFT - RD 1 draft coverage of all the picks in the 1st round - cut scenes special reports on trades. presentation, presentation, presentation!!

I don't care about the engine because in a year there will be another new engine and it will change anyway.

9. Presentation... did i mention that... Yeah it needs love..

10. - Roster Sharing

thats my list.

BIGBADASS33
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2019, 03:30 AM   #22
Rookie

I think part of the reason Be a Pro gets no love, is that it's an emotionless slog.* Play game, play game, rinse, repeat.* There's just no "there" there.* The other players are just interchangeable names, and all the off-ice characters are literally wallpaper.
EA did try to add something extra in Live the Life, but it didn't quite work as it should have, and it wasn't ported over to the current generation of consoles.* It is a pitiful state of affairs indeed, when the most feature-rich version of the mode was done half a decade and an entire hardware generation ago.
What's needed, is better world building.* No, you don't need it to be The Sims, but you DO need users to have an attachment to their characters.* And as things stand, with very little by way of user character customization, negligible mode-specific content, and an utter lack of NPC development, the chances for user attachment are slim to none.* And Slim just got helped off the ice after blocking an Alex Ovechkin slap shot.
The deliverable in gaming, is EMOTION.* And when the most common emotion a mode evokes is boredom, it is a design failure.
I barely follow Formula One in real life, but Codemasters' F1 career mode is INCREDIBLY addictive.* *Road To the Show has been raising the bar for years.* Role-playing conventions, industry-wide, are generally well-established.* It's not like they don't know what works.*
And yet, after years of users begging EA to, at the very least, put back some of the stuff that's been removed over the years (3 Stars, GM Connected, custom music, etc.), what we've gotten instead, is multiple variations on the theme of, "Look!* Squirrel!"
*Rammer needs to go.* Given his utter indifference to his customers' pleas, I think he'd make a very effective back-bench MP.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:10 PM   #23
Rookie

So basically everything from espn nhl 2k5....got it.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #24
Rookie

only thing i want to see is a pc version

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »