Home

New tuner?

This is a discussion on New tuner? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2019, 08:01 PM   #25
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New tuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
Another company isn’t necessarily the answer. Take MLB the Show for example. There isn’t another baseball game available that even comes close to that game as far as looks and gameplay. Yes it has its flaws, but what sports game doesn’t? NHL series could stand a complete rebuild, which I doubt will ever happen in our lifetimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I totally agree with your assessment of baseball and The Show. Maybe Sony should cowboy up and make a hockey title? All I’m saying is that when there were more choices out there on the market, it gave gamers a choice and led companies like EA the ability to make a better game due to the competition. As of right now, with only one company making the majority of the major sports titles, we as gamers suffer.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #26
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
I totally agree with your assessment of baseball and The Show. Maybe Sony should cowboy up and make a hockey title? All I’m saying is that when there were more choices out there on the market, it gave gamers a choice and led companies like EA the ability to make a better game due to the competition. As of right now, with only one company making the majority of the major sports titles, we as gamers suffer.

I totally agree. The thing that gets me with EA is why does every version of every one of their sports titles need tuners and patches every single year when much of the game remains unchanged? Like for NHL why do we need a tuner to fix penalties and skating 3 months into the season? Shouldn’t this be something that’s fixed and nearly perfected before the game is even released? Now I could be wrong here but last I knew skating was an important aspect of hockey. To me that should have been the first thing to make sure was right. I don’t know, I’m just frustrated with the game right now. So glad the Show is out in a few weeks.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:26 AM   #27
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

So as I expected when I changed the tuner from latest to 1.03 the game played totally different. Skating felt better, puck physics were better, just the overall game was much smoother even though I got clobbered. It was just one game so I’ll have to test this theory again later.

Old 02-20-2019, 06:33 PM   #28
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
So as I expected when I changed the tuner from latest to 1.03 the game played totally different. Skating felt better, puck physics were better, just the overall game was much smoother even though I got clobbered. It was just one game so I’ll have to test this theory again later.

Sometimes, the programming in this game is odd

I've explicitly had my tunser set to v1.03 since I got the game and I do think it makes a difference.

Old 02-20-2019, 08:45 PM   #29
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Sometimes, the programming in this game is odd

I've explicitly had my tunser set to v1.03 since I got the game and I do think it makes a difference.

I’m convinced it does. Leaving it set to latest causes some weird things. The game just feels off.

Old 04-09-2019, 02:33 PM   #30
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Could somebody tell me how to check the tuner version that I am running?

Sorry to be so needy...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »