Home

I suck... Please help

This is a discussion on I suck... Please help within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2019, 12:27 PM   #1
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

OVR: 0
I suck... Please help

Hello,

I posted this in a sliders thread but I feel I could use more general help beyond just sliders:

"I am struggling so badly... I just can't win with these (AlTito's) sliders but I refuse to give up or go back down to Pro. I play with the Lightning, the best team in the league, and I lose almost every game. When I rarely win it is either in overtime or by 1 goal, and it's never a pretty win.

I just feel absolutely dominated every minute of every game against the CPU and I can't figure out what to do. I've been playing NHL 19 for months but I switched to these sliders after I started scoring 6 to 10 goals almost every game but since then I can't win. Do I really just suck so bad and need to stay on Pro?

I feel like I can't score at all ever and I allow at least 3 goals every game. Huge specific area is time on attack. I literally can't hold the puck for the life of me for more than 5 seconds to get 1 shot off at a time in the offensive zone, and it's never a quality shot and essentially goes straight to the middle of the goalies chest every time (Yes I know how to aim a shot).
Also when I'm on defense the other team will be in my zone and it seems like they pass back and forth and back and forth and taking shots and keep getting it back and I can't get the puck or stop them and the crowd starts getting louder and louder. I'm in these situations multiple times every game and it's getting sooo frustrating. I play like 2-4 games a day and lose almost every time.

I feel like such a noob but someone pleeeease help me!!

PS: I'm so aware of how dumb and amateur I sound because I know what it's like to be on the other end of this in the MLB forums! I should just stick to baseball games!"

Thanks to anyone who can give me any tips I have no clue what else to do to help myself besides play on an easier setting which I really don't want to do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2019, 12:18 AM   #2
Banned

Re: I suck... Please help

Try Jay iron hook pro star sliders, it's still hard but it gives player who win too easy on pro a chance to win on all-star .Read his whole post .I feel your pain.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:32 AM   #3
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
I suck... Please help

You can’t get caught chasing the puck when the CPU starts passing like that or you’ll get burned, especially on a higher difficulty level. Find one guy and stick with him but keep him in position. Sweep your stick and block the passing lane. There’s a good chance you’ll tip the puck and be able to gain control or at least clear your zone. Don’t be afraid to take an icing once in a while when your players are tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by BleacherCreature; 03-18-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #4
Rookie

blueline369's Arena

I also wanted to chime in here... I doubt that you suck at this game, what you described is what we all see and feel about the game in some form or another.

NHL19 = copy+paste NHL16/17/18 and change the 6/7/8 to 9

I wanted to also echo fasteddy's comments, definitely try out Jay IronHook's PRO STAR Sliders for NHL 19. With some tweaks I think you will find the feel you are looking for.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #5
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

Thanks everyone. I'll definitely try out those sliders

and Bleacher Creature thanks for that tip I'll try to focus on that in the defensive zone. I give up a lot of goals that way and I am constantly hitting R2 and switching, chasing the puck like you said, rather than focusing on one position and one passing lane
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2019, 07:04 PM   #6
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMan17
Thanks everyone. I'll definitely try out those sliders

and Bleacher Creature thanks for that tip I'll try to focus on that in the defensive zone. I give up a lot of goals that way and I am constantly hitting R2 and switching, chasing the puck like you said, rather than focusing on one position and one passing lane

It’s sometimes hard not to constantly switch. I do it myself quite often. Then I usually get scored on and remember not to do it for the rest of the game. I was losing my last game 3-0 after the first period and all the goals came when I was chasing the puck. The rest of the game I focused on playing positional defense and was able to come back and tie the game 3-3, but I eventually lost in a shootout.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-18-2019, 09:29 PM   #7
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

i actually find that i look at the game stats and adjust sliders based on the game stats to get a more even game so if my goalie is letting in too many goals but the shots are fairly even then i adjust the goalie sliders for human up anywhere from 1 to 10 higher. by doing this usually in my games my game stats are fairly even with the comp depending on how good the team i'm playing is. Another good one is that i have adjusted the passing sliders so both the computer and i pass completion is around 75%. I also find if they are dominating me too much and i don't have time to make plays i adjust my speed and acceleration sliders up a few more than the computers. and vice versa if i'm dominating the comp i make them a bit faster than me. This has resulted in most of my games are fairly even stats wise and the game is won or lost by how good i play or if my goalie is on or off on that night. This works for me but i bet game sliders are something you have to tweak based on how you play, the other slider settings are good for a base but they still need to be changed based on your style of play. But make your changes based on a few games cause sometimes its easy /hard because of the team your playing.

Last edited by babaracus88; 03-18-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:11 AM   #8
Rookie

i think the best thing you could do is cycle the puck around when you get into the offensive zone everyone would agree getting shots off is not hard when you pass the puck around you will get more penaties called just start passing it more back and forth and take shots when your cpu team mates are in front of goalie that way they play rebounds or they create miss directions off there sticks or you make goals more passing and try to team up on there lead skater forcing them to slow down you want to make them less effective in there zone

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »