Home

What NHL 20 Needs to Do on the Ice to Succeed

This is a discussion on What NHL 20 Needs to Do on the Ice to Succeed within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2019, 11:21 AM   #65
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What NHL 20 Needs to Do on the Ice to Succeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey87
I don't understand why so many of you here are asking for roster sharing while the individual player attributes mean nothing in the game. You can test this by watching a cpu vs cpu game between NHL All-star team and any CHL team. Roster sharing would be such a great feature if the player attributes would make any difference in the game. But as for now, that feature would be totally useless, as is editing rosters.
My most recent slider set I've been using 5/10 attribute effect, but I know when I used to rock 10/10 that there was a massive difference between 1st and 4th liners. Even at 5/10 with fatigue effect at 90, You can tell that the better players are more effective when tired than their tired 4th line counterparts.

What bothers me the most about this game is the shot inaccuracy. I hate that at attribute effect 8-10/10, the bottom line guys can't even hit the net from a prime scoring chance. I'd love to see way more "missed your spot" misses than flat out "wild pitch" misses if you will. I'm aiming top corner with tom Wilson and hit the goalie in the shoulder of mid blocker, but in the same scenario with Ovechkin I'm picking the corner as he's an elite shooter.

We need more of that because trying to manually aim with any non 85+ shooter when the attribute effect slider anywhere north of 5 is almost impossible to hit the net.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
My most recent slider set I've been using 5/10 attribute effect, but I know when I used to rock 10/10 that there was a massive difference between 1st and 4th liners. Even at 5/10 with fatigue effect at 90, You can tell that the better players are more effective when tired than their tired 4th line counterparts.

What bothers me the most about this game is the shot inaccuracy. I hate that at attribute effect 8-10/10, the bottom line guys can't even hit the net from a prime scoring chance. I'd love to see way more "missed your spot" misses than flat out "wild pitch" misses if you will. I'm aiming top corner with tom Wilson and hit the goalie in the shoulder of mid blocker, but in the same scenario with Ovechkin I'm picking the corner as he's an elite shooter.

We need more of that because trying to manually aim with any non 85+ shooter when the attribute effect slider anywhere north of 5 is almost impossible to hit the net.
You might see the difference when controlling players, but at least in "coach mode" it really doesn't matter who is on the ice. This was always the most annoying "feature" for me. Please do test this with a cpu vs cpu match using any NHL team against a CHL team.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:08 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
I don't understand why so many of you here are asking for roster sharing while the individual player attributes mean nothing in the game. You can test this by watching a cpu vs cpu game between NHL All-star team and any CHL team. Roster sharing would be such a great feature if the player attributes would make any difference in the game. But as for now, that feature would be totally useless, as is editing rosters.
Absolutely true. Makes the game unplayable for me. No difference on the ice whatever the ratings are.
Old 07-24-2019, 01:00 PM   #68
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsgamefan
Absolutely true. Makes the game unplayable for me. No difference on the ice whatever the ratings are.
This is only partially true. Yes there is terrible player separation in this game but if you ever experienced the revamped roster project when sharing was available it definitely makes the game better. Is it the ultimate solution no but it’s much better than EAs crappy and inaccurate roster updates we have now. Roster share is a must
Old 07-24-2019, 10:19 PM   #69
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

yes NHL 19 has a lot of issues but i will agree the game before editing the roster is night and day as to after the roster is edited. The problem is that is takes along time to edit the roster properly and you have to drop the ratings a lot. My third and fourth line players are for the most part 75 - 77 overall but they are definitely more defensive than offensive and i make the goalies better too an average goalie is 85-86 overall with the best goalies being low to mid 90's. I find this makes it so the guys who don't score much in real life don't in my game too. Right now i find a majority of my games the game stats are pretty even depending on the team i am playing.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaracus88
yes NHL 19 has a lot of issues but i will agree the game before editing the roster is night and day as to after the roster is edited. The problem is that is takes along time to edit the roster properly and you have to drop the ratings a lot. My third and fourth line players are for the most part 75 - 77 overall but they are definitely more defensive than offensive and i make the goalies better too an average goalie is 85-86 overall with the best goalies being low to mid 90's. I find this makes it so the guys who don't score much in real life don't in my game too. Right now i find a majority of my games the game stats are pretty even depending on the team i am playing.
I have to disagree on this one. Basically it goes like "more time on ice == more points". Like I already mentioned, no matter what the individual player ratings are, cpu vs cpu games are totally even. This problem goes deeper than player attributes. The problem is the ai and game mechanics, which don't allow any separation between players. And I didn't see a huge difference between original and revamped rosters - if there even was a difference to be seen. I ask everyone who keeps saying that the ratings matter to watch a cpu vs cpu game between a nhl all-star team and any chl team.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:43 PM   #71
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

Quote:
I have to disagree on this one. Basically it goes like "more time on ice == more points". Like I already mentioned, no matter what the individual player ratings are, cpu vs cpu games are totally even. This problem goes deeper than player attributes. The problem is the ai and game mechanics, which don't allow any separation between players. And I didn't see a huge difference between original and revamped rosters - if there even was a difference to be seen. I ask everyone who keeps saying that the ratings matter to watch a cpu vs cpu game between a nhl all-star team and any chl team.
I agree they do need to fix the ai so the comp plays the game positionally correct, how ever i find that based on my style of play the edited rosters make a difference and then adjusting the sliders to make the game more difficult for me against the comp helps and a majority of games i play are like this....I was Vancouver
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1112 - Copy.jpg (192.8 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by babaracus88; 07-25-2019 at 09:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »