Home

NHL 09 to now - which is best?

This is a discussion on NHL 09 to now - which is best? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2019, 06:45 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 09 to now - which is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllKings
Why was NHL 19 a mistake? I use to have the same thought too, but after finding the right slider set, I really enjoy it now. It still has its flaws obviously, but I’ve grown to like it nonetheless....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I wish I could articulate it..

I've now tried PS4 15, 17 and 19 and I just don't like the current gen interpretation of the game for some reason. It just doesn't get on with me.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:50 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagwi
Wasn’t that sort of universally panned for not having any of the console versions new features?
I have no idea, I don't buy games based on whether or not they're universally panned or adored. Those people don't play the game for me, I play the game. And furthermore, among the most heavily panned sports games of the last 20 years are some of the best sports games ever produced. Pretty much in every sport.
Play what you like, don't look for others to agree or not with you. A good game is the one you enjoy.
Old 04-26-2019, 05:31 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I have no idea, I don't buy games based on whether or not they're universally panned or adored. Those people don't play the game for me, I play the game. And furthermore, among the most heavily panned sports games of the last 20 years are some of the best sports games ever produced. Pretty much in every sport.
Play what you like, don't look for others to agree or not with you. A good game is the one you enjoy.

Sorry I guess I should’ve been clear that I also had played that and thought it was pretty bad and just didn’t really want to say that… Especially if you really like it. I just get tired of disagreeing and fighting with everybody on the Internet at this point in my life.

Anyways I’m totally glad you do like that game…to your point that’s all that matters.

I really do hope they make another version for the PC at some point.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:55 AM   #20
Banned

I loved and played NHL 13 the most by far.

Also NHL 15, just for the improved puck physics.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:50 AM   #21
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ NEO
I loved and played NHL 13 the most by far.

Also NHL 15, just for the improved puck physics.

13 is the best for me would be 14 save the bouncy puck problem. I did like 15 and Legacy but the commentary is awful I prefer Thorne over Doc hands down. I have not tried any of the current gen games. Is there much difference between any of them? Looking to pick up the cheapest copy possible used. Which would you guys recommend?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2019, 10:23 AM   #22
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

I use a modified AlTito slider set for NHL 19 and I can honestly say it's the best virtual representation of hockey that I've ever played. This is really the first year I've played exclusively offline for NHL so my opinions on the other games from about 09-18 have a lot of online bias which might skew my perception, who knows.

Anyway, for online NHL 10-11 are easily my top two favorites, with NHL 13 being a close 3rd (goaline goalies hold this game back from being even better).
Old 04-30-2019, 03:13 PM   #23
Rookie

Back when NHL 14 was released, I had lot of fun with it. After few years when I decided to revisit the game it wasn't as much fun as it used to. The gameplay just felt very bland and boring. Really didn't bother playing it for too long.

NHL 16-19, all those play fine and are pretty fun with friends. Deking especially feels satisfying and the celebrations are pretty cool.

But NHL 09 on PC has some sort of charm that makes me like it the most. Too bad the AI in that game even on the hardest difficulty is pretty easy to beat, but with friends NHL 09 is good time.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:21 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

The title for your post addressed the "best" version of NHL, while you then asked for the "most realistic." For me, those two are very, very different. For me, the most fun I have had with a version of NHL was easily 10. I will certainly not say that more recent versions have not become more realistic. I will only say that they, for me, have not been nearly as much fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »