Home

Atmosphere missing

This is a discussion on Atmosphere missing within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2019, 08:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Atmosphere missing

Just watching the Hurricanes game.They came out with Rock you like Hurricane.Makes a big difference with the emotion of the game.Miss the custom sounds.The intro and the goal sings make a difference.What lame music they have this year.People champ after a goal is just plain boring!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2019, 12:49 AM   #2
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Atmosphere missing

I completely agree with you. The life of this game that was there in the PS3 generation is mostly gone.

I'd love to see custom music make a return as well as crowd chants, booing opposing players who injure or fight your stars, and chants for goalies.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 05-17-2019, 12:52 AM   #3
Rookie

GettngSteezy's Arena

Would love to see more customizable things with this. For instance personalized goal songs for each time I love to hear Holliday by Green Day when the Canucks score or Chelsea dagger when the hawks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-17-2019, 10:04 AM   #4
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

I’ve been saying for a while that this game fails to capture the excitement of the NHL. While gameplay is the most important thing adding atmosphere to this series would go a long way to enhancing the gameplay experience. That said we can all forget about it because the focus is now on online play and micro transactions. It’s my belief that from here on out there will be very little in the area of gameplay and nothing to enhance the offline experience at all.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:43 PM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I’ve been saying for a while that this game fails to capture the excitement of the NHL. While gameplay is the most important thing adding atmosphere to this series would go a long way to enhancing the gameplay experience. That said we can all forget about it because the focus is now on online play and micro transactions. It’s my belief that from here on out there will be very little in the area of gameplay and nothing to enhance the offline experience at all.
So basically the series is dead for us franchise mode sim guys?

I know Madden has a much bigger budget but they are already talking about all the improvements to franchise mode, player ratings, etc..

Looks like it might be time to switch to a text sim like FHM 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2019, 08:59 AM   #6
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
So basically the series is dead for us franchise mode sim guys?

I know Madden has a much bigger budget but they are already talking about all the improvements to franchise mode, player ratings, etc..

Looks like it might be time to switch to a text sim like FHM 5.
I think they abondoned us sim guys a long time ago and since their struggle adapting to the current gen systems (a conundrum in itself) they focus all their resources on the cash cow HUT. Us offline hardcore sim guys get a roster update and a few tweaks that don’t amount to much. Yes the skating was a big improvement and we have a weak attempt at 5 man celly....but that was done for the online play and we benefitted from it. Outside of that there has not been a single enhancement to the offline experience. Just look at how long we’ve been asking for a very basic and simple roster share and we get ignored because it means nothing for HUT

Last edited by jake19ny; 05-18-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 03:51 PM   #7
lvl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I think they abondoned us sim guys a long time ago and since their struggle adapting to the current gen systems (a conundrum in itself) they focus all their resources on the cash cow HUT. Us offline hardcore sim guys get a roster update and a few tweaks that don’t amount to much. Yes the skating was a big improvement and we have a weak attempt at 5 man celly....but that was done for the online play and we benefitted from it. Outside of that there has not been a single enhancement to the offline experience. Just look at how long we’ve been asking for a very basic and simple roster share and we get ignored because it means nothing for HUT
And nothing will change for '20. I'm not purchasing if there aren't significant improvements.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:18 AM   #8
Rookie

KoryDub's Arena

I think we should all just come to the realization that EA Sports is only going to improve elements of this game that cater to the HUT/Streaming crowd.

Presentation is stale for that crew - their attention spans are measured in milliseconds and if the action in their game is interrupted for any reason - whether it be to show a replay or have some dialogue between commentators concerning the game being played out in front of you - is absolutely a dealbreaker for the people who want to YouTube/Stream their HUT games.

And this is the crowd EA is hell bent on pleasing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »