Home

Alumni Franchise

This is a discussion on Alumni Franchise within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2020, 09:22 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Alumni Franchise

Hey Everyone, wanted to start a Franchise with the Alumni Teams, wanted to hear how any of you who have done this, went about doing so? Do you keep the teams as is? Or do you go through each team and edit accordingly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2020, 08:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Alumni Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwings832
Hey Everyone, wanted to start a Franchise with the Alumni Teams, wanted to hear how any of you who have done this, went about doing so? Do you keep the teams as is? Or do you go through each team and edit accordingly?
Well, my OCD wouldn’t let me use the teams “as is”, because I can’t abide having all those players doubled and tripled up, so I took on a massive undertaking and made well over 400 alumni players of my own.

It took a long time, but in the end, it was worth it. Having a blast using the players from the 90’s that I grew up watching.

I did have stipulations though.

I’m playing a season with no injuries because I went with a 23 skater, 3 goalie template for each team. This lead to some delicate decisions to be made. For example, I didn’t use all the Alumni that came with the game. If it came down to making a player that I know who filled a need, and an Alumni player from the 40’s or 50’s, I went with the guy I I know.

One other thing. Because I’m so finicky about realism, I did not make any players who did not wear a helmet, since we can’t replicate that, and I did not make a player who’s name is not in the “play by play” list when making a CAP. So, unfortunately, my teams are a little short on Russian/Eastern European players because not many of their names are in the game. Guys like Maxim Afinogenov, Miroslav Satan, Alexei Kovalev, Vladimir Malakhov, Pavol Demitra, Petr Bondra, etc, etc.

If you’re interested, I can post any team I’ve made.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:38 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efbomb
Well, my OCD wouldn’t let me use the teams “as is”, because I can’t abide having all those players doubled and tripled up, so I took on a massive undertaking and made well over 400 alumni players of my own.

It took a long time, but in the end, it was worth it. Having a blast using the players from the 90’s that I grew up watching.

I did have stipulations though.

I’m playing a season with no injuries because I went with a 23 skater, 3 goalie template for each team. This lead to some delicate decisions to be made. For example, I didn’t use all the Alumni that came with the game. If it came down to making a player that I know who filled a need, and an Alumni player from the 40’s or 50’s, I went with the guy I I know.

One other thing. Because I’m so finicky about realism, I did not make any players who did not wear a helmet, since we can’t replicate that, and I did not make a player who’s name is not in the “play by play” list when making a CAP. So, unfortunately, my teams are a little short on Russian/Eastern European players because not many of their names are in the game. Guys like Maxim Afinogenov, Miroslav Satan, Alexei Kovalev, Vladimir Malakhov, Pavol Demitra, Petr Bondra, etc, etc.

If you’re interested, I can post any team I’ve made.
Definitely interested, and if you have a ps4, post your roster save and I can always download and play it😁
Old 01-06-2020, 10:14 AM   #4
Rookie

Post Re: Alumni Franchise

Quote:
Definitely interested, and if you have a ps4, post your roster save and I can always download and play it😁
moi aussi j'en veut une copie svp merci
Old 01-06-2020, 10:18 AM   #5
Rookie

Efbomb's Arena

Quote:
Not sure how to do that. Besides, I’m sure I’ll need a CPU or laptop to do it, and I don’t have one, nor do I have the skills needed to do so. I’m computer illiterate.

The best I can do is post some teams I’ve made in writing. I’ll leave it up to you guys to decide to make any changes.

Fair warning though. Once you start making CAPs, and playing with a team when you finish it, it gets addictive, and before you know it you’re well on your way to making 400+ of them.

If you check the Rosters section on this forum you’ll see a post label “Alumni completion project” or something like that by Phil Parent. That was the list that I used as a starting off point, but over the course of this venture, I have made many changes to that list.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »