Home

Game Informer NHL 20 wishlist

This is a discussion on Game Informer NHL 20 wishlist within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2019, 11:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Game Informer NHL 20 wishlist

custom arena music for sure...
Old 06-07-2019, 12:11 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't post on these boards as much as the Madden boards despite playing both games at a near equal amount, but I think an article like this from GI shows what I've been saying over on the Madden forums. Even the less hardcore fans of sports video games are wanting a lot of the same things we want. The differences is we just want a lot more obscure things added to the game that take the realism to the next level. The casual fans want a robust franchise mode as much as us. They want more of a battle along the boards that isn't as binary as it is now. They want the skating to be believable in the feel and look. They want all animations and physics to look and behave correctly. The average fan wants an NHL game that when they fire it up and play it they can get an experience that is identical to what they see on TV. Something that looks, feels, and behaves like the real thing. The biggest difference between us here and others at sim oriented forums versus the casual fans is we want all of that and a whole lot more that makes the game even more of a simulation of the sport. I'm a big believer that if EA gave the casual crowd a more authentic experience out of the box that had more realism to it and then provided the tools to customize the game a ton, ala NBA 2k or Out of the Park, then the casual crowd would find the game much more enjoyable, we here at OS definitely would find the game much more enjoyable plus us more diehard fans would have tools at our disposal to take the experience further like we want. Sliders for trading, progress, regressing, time in an athletes prime, etc. are more for us and not the casuals. Those tools on top of a more solid on-ice product would have us singing as much praises as EA would ever want to hear.

― Plato
Old 06-07-2019, 10:08 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Push Player Differentiation
We’ve been asking for wider skill gaps between players for so many years we’ve lost count at this point. EA has toyed with stretching ratings in the past, but hasn’t gone far enough. More to the point, there are multiple ways EA could improve this element of the game. Give stars unique animations like NBA 2K does. Create a skill and X-factor system like the one being implemented in Madden 20 to make all-stars stand out better. Anything is better than barely being able to tell the difference between a legit game breaker like Patrick Kane and a steady everyday grinder like Patrick Maroon.
I love that they added this. Unfortunately, we'll never ever see it.
We've been harping to add more player differential for how long now? 20+ years?

Not going to happen because EA can't program AI properly. They have to give the CPU cheats so the game can be competitive.

Hate to compare, but this wasn't an issue in NHL2K3.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2019, 11:26 AM   #12
Banned

Nice.
What's the point at this stage tho? Should be 21, no?
Old 06-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #13
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

I agree DJ Neo, am happy with course of the game, but I think they smooth out animations and fix local bugs that people complain about and actually go into great depth, to rooting out all bugs and glitches and animations morphes bugs and glitches.

I saw one when I was at EA Sports forums couple weeks ago dat actually stunned damacus (community), where puck morphed through pad and around the goalie and into the net, like some magical force was guiding it behind goalie, it was wraparound goal that shouldn't just morph through goalies pads.

I say before we add anything else we should fix the core mechanics and core issues first, such as puck pick ups and unreal animation mophing through stuff first, another was goalie mechanics and getting stuck in one animation and unable get out from controller.

I found few bugs with disc actually and with capability issues with xbox one and over heating issues, game freezes and loosing saves and random crashes and stuff, just flaws I found that just went by through whole year that no one mentioned.

one bug is pretty easy to see, when u pause the game and press button on xboxone to turn off, u come back to play it later on in the day , u will see very laggy NHL 19 afterwards and stuff and graphics with in the game look distorted and fuzzy and rough.

way u fix this u need to turn off the whole power bar and quick flick off and on and all your problems go way, so that it refresh its self.

another issue is the almost studdering menu switching, like it takes 1-3 second to respond to switch to next screen.

another one is diseapering players on your team and free agents diseapering and never to be seen again and diseapering rookies.

one more issue, that needs to be fixed is the slider switching, there are times when sliders don't want to move , instead they stuck In place, only way get out of that, is to go back to main area and come back to sliders and they'll move again.

different viewings for each camera angles, someone said with true broadcast it was almost flawless and stuff almost like new game, now for cameras, they all felt different like weird feeling almost like arcade feeling, from true broadcast, switching cameras should not have any effect on game play at all, but... somehow they do, almost remarkable.

another one is almost weightless goalies are back, that's cause for concern, no one should be able to move 6-3 & 6-7 goalie that easy across ice or even make him slide dat easy.

I would like to see small players and big players have differential , so small players faster and speedy and acceleration and big players slow and slightly fast, depending on the weight of player, height and weight should have differential.

I also would like franchise players and star players and franchise goalies and star defensemen and star goalies and franchise defensemen stand out more.

I also would like to see better scouting of forwards and goalies and defensemen, to what they good at , shot blocking or stretch pass or getting into dirty areas and open slot or stay at home defensemen or goalies will battle hard to keep your team in the game, or let u know what to adjust for better coverage of ice.

I also would like to see hiring of coaches and firing of coaches, so each coach would have different advantages such as offense and defense and star calibre coaches and competitive coaches.

pucks are still morphing through boards and stuff, I had another where I had just nudged the boards and puck flew off my stick and diseapered into thin air and game was delayed to diseapering act puck, or suddenly puck something magical grabs my puck shoots its through boards I saw it like morph into boards out of play, morphing puck through boards.

tripping and slashing is so inaccurate , please fix, I don't like this, that's why we have sliders, u don't to need add this automacially slash or tripping penaltie, it also ruins be a pro and goalie mode.

better coaching strategies, I saw this book for NHL style coaching its a lot different, from NHL series.

dat edge detection slider u have in NHL is must, but this time don't ruin it.

Incidental Contact Puck Loss
Incidental Stick Contact Immunity

these two sliders are a must, bring them back.

but for all its worth I like it .

that's my 100 dollars for NHL 20-32

part 2

stretching of logos in create teams

franchise mode : almost all teams have no fighting assigned or goalie pads have no team colors assigned or goalies have no neck protectors.

be a pro : there's sorten goalie gear have no textures or do nothing. (back of pads are just black and stuff and no found color pallet for it)

goalies gear : koho 588 pad has no two covering often leaves huge white or black spot during gameplay

franchise & be a pro and other modes : when going to edit player or goalie , player will spin around fast and not stop in tell interrupted with controller.

be a pro and franchise and other modes : when lookin' at your goalie or player in screen he will be positioned left and not straight looking at u or face facing u.

be a pro and franchise and other modes : goalie gears is almost too greyish color and not able to see colors u put on gear.

that is all , have fun! , again my 100 dollars for NHL 20-32.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 06-07-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #14
Rookie

EA to Game Informer:

Old 06-09-2019, 08:26 AM   #15
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

I an convinced more than ever that we will never see an NHL licensed game that will truly represent the sport and deliver a solid realistic feeling hockey game. I don’t think EA was ever going to be able to deliver on that and once HUT became a mode any hope at all was lost. It’s good to see a game magazine post an article with many of the gripes and ideas us hardcore sim guys on the forums also have but it’s falling on deaf ears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2019, 01:44 PM   #16
lvl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Pretty good artlicle here. As an offline sim guy I love the offline suggestions. All of them have been thrown around these forums for years though by us hardcore sim guys. I’m sure all we get new is a garbage story mode though.

https://www.gameinformer.com/the-spo...hl-20-wishlist
'20 won't have even 5% of those suggestions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »