Home

NHL 19.... A good game?

This is a discussion on NHL 19.... A good game? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2019, 12:49 PM   #1
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
NHL 19.... A good game?

I have not bought a NHL game this generation. As a matter of fact I haven't really followed the sport more than casually in 20 years.

I know these threads are really annoying to the hard core fans and yearly supporters. But with it being on sale and actually watching some games this year, I was just wondering if this years title was worth a pick up.

I am sure there are legacies issues and such. Things that bother you all and wish would be changed. What I want to know is for somebody who understands Hockey but hasn't religiously followed in a good bit, is this a good game to pick up and play offline franchise mode with?

Thanks for your time folks, appreciate the input.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #2
Pro

WeAreAllKings's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 19.... A good game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I have not bought a NHL game this generation. As a matter of fact I haven't really followed the sport more than casually in 20 years.

I know these threads are really annoying to the hard core fans and yearly supporters. But with it being on sale and actually watching some games this year, I was just wondering if this years title was worth a pick up.

I am sure there are legacies issues and such. Things that bother you all and wish would be changed. What I want to know is for somebody who understands Hockey but hasn't religiously followed in a good bit, is this a good game to pick up and play offline franchise mode with?

Thanks for your time folks, appreciate the input.

I would say, yes. Since it’s on sale, you really can’t go wrong. I’m having fun with my offline franchise right now. I think it’s all in finding the right slider set and how you play the game. And of course, you have to remember that this is a video game and one that has suffered from certain legacy issues on the current gen consoles. I would recommend Cycloniacs slider set as that is what I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-14-2019, 07:00 PM   #3
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

Funny - I love watching hockey but since there are no teams to root for in Wisconsin it's just casual watching. I've been trying to figure out how to get more involved and decided MAYBE a PS4 NHL game would do it.

HOWEVER - can I just manage/coach or do I actually have to "play" .
Old 06-15-2019, 02:09 PM   #4
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0

Definitely worth it. I have gotten a lot of hours from franchise mode and scouting/drafting is great in this game.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 06-15-2019, 03:53 PM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

If you haven't played an EA NHL game in a long time I think you'll like it.

It's not that it's a bad game, but for some of us EA NHL vets around OS, it's become a game that's predictable with very little in terms of improvements and innovation over the past few years.

As someone who loves the NHL more than any other professional sport, I'm really hoping they turn this franchise around this year with NHL 20. I won't hold my breath, but I'm always hoping for a new direction in this series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2019, 04:06 PM   #6
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Thanks guys. I appreciate the input. I used to be a big NHL and just kind of drifted away thru life. I probably have not purchased a game since early in the PS3 days. I think I will pick this up tonight when I get home.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 06-15-2019, 04:36 PM   #7
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I'll add... I enjoyed NHL 18 quite a bit, so NHL 19 will be great for you just getting back into the series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »