Home

NHL 20 Adds Authentic Signature Shots, Revamped Broadcast Package, New Game Mode & More - Cover Athlete is Auston Matthews

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Adds Authentic Signature Shots, Revamped Broadcast Package, New Game Mode & More - Cover Athlete is Auston Matthews within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2019, 08:35 AM   #65
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 Adds Authentic Signature Shots, Revamped Broadcast Package, New Game Mode

The idiotic addition of rappers to the commentary is proof positive that EA is about gimmicks rather than delivering a solid hockey game. Shows just how out of touch they are with true hockey fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2019, 01:23 PM   #66
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 20 Adds Authentic Signature Shots, Revamped Broadcast Package, New Game Mode

I can't believe how dead this forum has become in the past few years due to the lack of innovation in this game.

NHL 09-NHL 13, this used to be one of EA's most popular games. I still have fun with them. But, what a fall from grace.

I miss the old trade deadline phones in Be A Gm. Crowds booing when you injured a star. The Winter Classic. Custom music and goal horns. Goalie chants. Anything else I'm forgetting???

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Old 07-07-2019, 04:29 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 3

Custom camera angle was a feature that made the game really fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2019, 07:23 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know if the decision not to buy this game was ever before made this easy by EA. They have really dropped the ball - or puck - with this game.

Not fixed:
- AI
- Player separation
- Player ratings making any difference
Old 07-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #69
Rookie

They really need to update their slogan over at EA Sports

E..........A...........SPORTS. If it's in the game, it's not in the game!
Old 07-08-2019, 03:03 PM   #70
Rookie

KoryDub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I can't believe how dead this forum has become in the past few years due to the lack of innovation in this game.

NHL 09-NHL 13, this used to be one of EA's most popular games. I still have fun with them. But, what a fall from grace.

I miss the old trade deadline phones in Be A Gm. Crowds booing when you injured a star. The Winter Classic. Custom music and goal horns. Goalie chants. Anything else I'm forgetting???
Oh god keep going I'm almost there
Old 07-08-2019, 09:59 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
I'd have to go back and replay the 08-15 old-gen games again to give a well-rounded opinion. I know DEJNEO likes 13 and I did too. That was the first year of TPS, but for some reason that was also the best year of TPS imo. The online community hated it due to goaline human goalies, but that's obviously irrelevant now. I know you seemed to like 11 offline, I know that game stuck-out to me as one of the better ones the series has ever seen.

NHL 2000-2007 (excluding 07 for PS3/360) were very fast, very arcadey to me. However, 2004 on the PC has a cult following to this day, so you can't dismiss the obvious impact and "feel" that game had/has on people.

NHL 19 with the right sliders, and trust me, I think I've found the right sliders about 453 different times this year lol, has a pretty decent flow to it. The set I have now has performed well for a single game, but most importantly has actually felt consistent across 5-7 games in-a-row for me which is usually when that feeling starts to go away. If this continues, I'll gladly post my setup so you can see for yourself. The most frustrating thing about 19, is the tool are there for an incredible hockey experience, they just need the AI to play a bit better and this game really would be an incredible offline experience, so I wouldn't count-out 19 for the title of "best feel"

The game that has always felt the most like hockey to me, where there's lulls and then periods of utter-chaos that imo beautifully represents the amazing sport of hockey so well is NHL Hitz Pro. It seems insane, ridiculous, radical, but trust me when I say that a well-tuned NHL Hitz Pro setup is an absolute masterpiece at recreating the ups and downs, and the ebbs and flows of hockey. The biggest problem with this game is the line changes aren't "on the fly" they only happen at whistles, but yes, there is noticeable fatigue and you are very much rewarded for dominating possession. If this game had "on the fly" line changes, I would never even look for another hockey experience.

Hope this brief write-up helps and gives you some insight on what games to possibly test to satisfy that virtual hockey craving!
I've been in the same camp as you constantly messing with sliders in Franchise mode. Would love to try your latest ones that maybe are better at creating the flow effect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2019, 08:15 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
They could give me NHL 20 for free...and I still wouldn't play it. I'm a lifer of this title, and I'm never touching it ever again. Totally lost interest. And I'm guessing I'm not alone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »