Home

Great news-they're nerfing L2 spinaramas in 20

This is a discussion on Great news-they're nerfing L2 spinaramas in 20 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2019, 09:17 PM   #9
Banned

babaracus88's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Great news-they're nerfing L2 spinaramas in 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul
I guess I'm wanting to be a glass half full guy. I really don't think they will reverse on the spins. It was a glaring exploit that needed to be yanked back for the sake of realism. I don't think anyone will be convinced to put it back. I know there's lots of other stuff that ends up being compromised on for the sake of the average player. And some of the issues relate more to online play, which isn't my thing.
"If EA tricks me 25 or 30 more times i'm going to stop believing them cause i'm getting sick of it" says glass half full guy.......I love reading all the "optimistic" people on here the game is still going to have all the same issues as they have had for how many years now? Once again they are showing you the best parts of the same ****ty movie they have been rolling out for years. So yeah there will be a few minutes of good when you buy this game on day one but with that comes hours and hours of the same **** you have been playing for years. I love this game too but enough is enough time to reward the people who play offline and have been buying this game since the first one in 92' we are the ones who made this game what it is today not the ones who spent money on chel or whatever lame thing it is called.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:11 AM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I have no faith in this current NHL team. Madden 19 was the football game that finally grabbed me as an offline, franchise player and 20 looks like they are listening to those of us who still love a good franchise mode.

They desperately need a new direction with this series, because for the past few years it's the same game on the ice, which has become stale, boring and predictable. I love how in Madden, each team I play against in CFM feels different and organic. With NHL, every team plays identical and if there were no jerseys with player numbers on them, I couldn't tell you who I was playing against.

Maybe the player specific shooting styles and goalie improvements will freshen up the game a bit, but there is so much more that needs to be done to bring me back to this series.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:06 AM   #11
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvl
They need to have two separate tuners. One for the online cheesers and HUT players and one for the offline franchise players.
Well they added the ability to use older tuners back in last year but the problem isn’t just the tuners. It’s the patches that destroy the game. Every time they cater to whining online cheesers they destroy something from the offline experience.
I remember the most impressive thing from the NHL 19 beta was how subtle contact on the boards slowed down the puck carrier a bit as he tried to maintain balance and the puck went loose. It looked and felt so accurate and realistic.....didn’t take long for the puck raggers to cry at the sky and EA heard them. Before you knew it guys can skate in a straight line and defenders bounced off them like they were rubber and the puck was glued to the stick again. This among so many other things....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2019, 11:07 AM   #12
lvl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Well they added the ability to use older tuners back in last year but the problem isn’t just the tuners. It’s the patches that destroy the game. Every time they cater to whining online cheesers they destroy something from the offline experience.
I remember the most impressive thing from the NHL 19 beta was how subtle contact on the boards slowed down the puck carrier a bit as he tried to maintain balance and the puck went loose. It looked and felt so accurate and realistic.....didn’t take long for the puck raggers to cry at the sky and EA heard them. Before you knew it guys can skate in a straight line and defenders bounced off them like they were rubber and the puck was glued to the stick again. This among so many other things....
I see. In that case, I agree. I do remember how much fun the beta was and it was a huge difference from '18/ Do you have to patch games or do you just have to turn off automatic downloads and network settings?
Old 07-20-2019, 11:12 AM   #13
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvl
I see. In that case, I agree. I do remember how much fun the beta was and it was a huge difference from '18/ Do you have to patch games or do you just have to turn off automatic downloads and network settings?
You have to turn off automatic downloads. The problem is EA includes other things in their patches that you need or want
Old 07-24-2019, 11:40 PM   #14
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul
Ok if you say so Eeyore
So being a passionate hockey fan that wants the game to represent what we actually see on the ice makes someone a Debbie downer? Then so be it. Considering this mess of a game the last few years I'd say the majority of hard-core sim players feel this way. Color me purple and show me moping around with the rest.of em.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »