Home

Great news-they're nerfing L2 spinaramas in 20

This is a discussion on Great news-they're nerfing L2 spinaramas in 20 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
NBA 2K20 Features the WNBA in Play Now and Season Modes - Trailer, Developer Blog & Screenshots Here
FIFA 20 VOLTA FOOTBALL Gameplay Details, Modes, Progression & Much More - Including New Gameplay Trailer
NASCAR Heat 4 Hands-On Preview, Including Over 7 Minutes of Exclusive Gameplay Footage

Old 07-19-2019, 02:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Great news-they're nerfing L2 spinaramas in 20

No Sleeves 12 on YT has been in touch with the developers and they announced this and a few other adjustments that may be helpful in giving the game a bit more credible realism https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25j18LlpjBk. The fact that the best players in 19 were spammers of the L2 spin move was over the top arcady. This is a step up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2019, 08:27 AM   #2
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Re: Great news-they're nerfing L2 spinaramas in 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul
No Sleeves 12 on YT has been in touch with the developers and they announced this and a few other adjustments that may be helpful in giving the game a bit more credible realism https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25j18LlpjBk. The fact that the best players in 19 were spammers of the L2 spin move was over the top arcady. This is a step up.
Until they whine and EA caves in. It seems every year they fix something the cheesers and glitchers use they complain and EA gives in. Thatís why every year we get a good playing beta and by the end of October the game is garbage
Old 07-19-2019, 09:36 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Until they whine and EA caves in. It seems every year they fix something the cheesers and glitchers use they complain and EA gives in. Thatís why every year we get a good playing beta and by the end of October the game is garbage
Ok if you say so Eeyore
Old 07-19-2019, 10:46 AM   #4
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Ok if you say so Eeyore
Did you play 19? The beta was very good and the initial release was good....they made you actually have to play good defense....people cried and it went back to a poke fest and stick lift spam. On offense if you bumped someone they lost a little balance and control of the puck creating better loose puck battles....people cried and pucks went back to being glued on to sticks. Outside of new skating the game reverted to play just like NHL 18.
I’m with you...I hope they do it and stick to it but forgive me for having little faith in this development team.

Last edited by jake19ny; 07-19-2019 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:36 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Did you play 19? The beta was very good and the initial release was good....they made you actually have to play good defense....people cried and it went back to a poke fest and stick lift spam. On offense if you bumped someone they lost a little balance and control of the puck creating better loose puck battles....people cried and pucks went back to being glued on to sticks. Outside of new skating the game reverted to play just like NHL 18.
Iím with you...I hope they do it and stick to it but forgive me for having little faith in this development team.
I guess I'm wanting to be a glass half full guy. I really don't think they will reverse on the spins. It was a glaring exploit that needed to be yanked back for the sake of realism. I don't think anyone will be convinced to put it back. I know there's lots of other stuff that ends up being compromised on for the sake of the average player. And some of the issues relate more to online play, which isn't my thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2019, 12:06 PM   #6
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
I guess I'm wanting to be a glass half full guy. I really don't think they will reverse on the spins. It was a glaring exploit that needed to be yanked back for the sake of realism. I don't think anyone will be convinced to put it back. I know there's lots of other stuff that ends up being compromised on for the sake of the average player. And some of the issues relate more to online play, which isn't my thing.
For the record I like what I saw in the early gameplay trailer but weíve been burned so many times I canít be a glass half full guy with this series anymore. I hope your right and Iím wrong.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:14 PM   #7
lvl
Rookie

Quote:
They need to have two separate tuners. One for the online cheesers and HUT players and one for the offline franchise players.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:02 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvl
They need to have two separate tuners. One for the online cheesers and HUT players and one for the offline franchise players.
Never gonna happen.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »