Home

NHL 20 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2019, 06:59 AM   #89
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 Beta Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikethebike
2KHS is basically a new version of NHL2K though, with corrected animation etc, not just a texture mod...
Which would be great if a download link was actually available for the mod.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #90
Rookie

When do you all expect more info to come? I wish they would release a classic demo... Beta wasn't great IMHO... I will hold out on a few reviews and such before purchasing the game...
Old 08-09-2019, 10:50 AM   #91
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Man, can we go back to the 2khockey.net days and argue sim sliders with Peng, Shadow, and WWTC?
My god u just gave me flashbacks hearing those names. I barely posted there but lurked enough. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2019, 01:36 PM   #92
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
My god u just gave me flashbacks hearing those names. I barely posted there but lurked enough. Lol
WAZ will sometimes post on the EA NHL Forums. We Want The Cup and Shadow I think are working as developers. Pengman19 I see quite often and we'll sometimes play EASHL club games (though I've done that less these past few months) because... well because EA's game just leaves a very sour taste in my mouth every time I play it.

I see a few names I recognize from 2khockey.net here like DJ Neo and Fiddy.

it's nice to see everyone's still around in some capacity or other. Maybe one day 2K comes back to Hockey and we'll all need a place to call home again!
Old 08-11-2019, 02:42 AM   #93
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

Based on that little arcade 3v3 Pond hockey vs CPU-mode, new shot animations, teammates getting on shot positions and CPU more active shooting will make huge difference for gameplay.

Also big thing was there was more of agility, control, acceleration for more situations with puck and also better puck pick ups. That made some great NHL2k10 vibes for me certain situations.

Have to wait and see. I liked little details a lot, but only buying game for sale after bug fixes and proper rosters.

Hopefully next year they will put that "rpm tech" to also passing and defensive stick!
Old 08-21-2019, 12:09 AM   #94
MVP

Hockeynut99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
WAZ will sometimes post on the EA NHL Forums. We Want The Cup and Shadow I think are working as developers. Pengman19 I see quite often and we'll sometimes play EASHL club games (though I've done that less these past few months) because... well because EA's game just leaves a very sour taste in my mouth every time I play it.

I see a few names I recognize from 2khockey.net here like DJ Neo and Fiddy.

it's nice to see everyone's still around in some capacity or other. Maybe one day 2K comes back to Hockey and we'll all need a place to call home again!
You made some solid rosters dude.

I like what I am seeing. I will see if I get it. I like the one timer shots though they look smooth. Just wish they bring back the skating out of the shark head with your own music.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »