Home

NHL 20: Gameplay Impressions From Videos Released Across the Web

This is a discussion on NHL 20: Gameplay Impressions From Videos Released Across the Web within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2019, 10:58 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20: Gameplay Impressions From Videos Released Across the Web

I bypassed last years game I had NHL 18 and did not think I should update so I was hoping NHL 20 would be something new or hope to have a game that has more to it. So I watched the videos and the commentary has completely killed it for me so for sure I will pass on it. Then I went and bought NHL 19 for Eight Bucks lol on ps4 special they had running that will hold me over until next year.

I did not really pay to much attention does anyone know if it supports hdr or made for 4k textures ? There so into micro transactions they did not even let us use the legends offline we need to stand united and not support the game.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:24 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyyt988
That’s very true. That’s why I said not apples to oranges. Plus to design a hockey game of AAA next gen quality would take quite a while. I just don’t see it happening.

Hockey is my favorite sport by far but NHL has lost my interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yes it will take some time indeed and they probably dont want to invest in that when they have no competition and can earn money the way it is now.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Old 08-08-2019, 09:23 AM   #35
Rookie

KoryDub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikethebike
My suggestion is for you guys to support DJNEO and 2KHS on PC as that is the closest we get to some competition to EA.
Um, no. He keeps spamming every forum he can with that garbage.

You literally cannot play this 'mod' without breaking the law. You need to have NHL2K11. If, by some miracle you still have a copy of this game, you need to rip an ISO of it. Chances are, you don't have it so you need to download an ISO of the game from some shady website (illegal) and use it in an emulator (illegal).

Nobody should support playing a game that requires users to break laws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 10:14 AM   #36
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryDub
Um, no. He keeps spamming every forum he can with that garbage.

You literally cannot play this 'mod' without breaking the law. You need to have NHL2K11. If, by some miracle you still have a copy of this game, you need to rip an ISO of it. Chances are, you don't have it so you need to download an ISO of the game from some shady website (illegal) and use it in an emulator (illegal).

Nobody should support playing a game that requires users to break laws.
Actually, Emulation itself is not a crime. Many companies, Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft use emulation as a way to play some of the older games. Take any compliation of classic games on today's console, they are running on software emulation. Even the Xbox's Backwards Compatibility feature is basically just running software emulation to run Xbox 360 and Original Xbox games on the Xbox One.

Number two, having an ISO is not also not illegal. In Every UELA, it stipulates that you CAN make a copy of the software for "backup purposes". The shady part comes when someone (either yourself or a third party) creates an ISO and shares it with others online. There are some that say it's NOT illegal if you only hold the ISO in question for 24 hours and use it for "research purposes"... Whatever that means.

In essence, you're not really breaking the law here, just engaging in something that could be construed as infringing on the copyrights of the companies that own the rights to those games.

The hardest you could get slapped with is a cease and desist order, and a mandate to purge your system of said "shady" software within 24 hours.

If people want to do it and enjoy a good game, I wouldn't prevent anyone from doing so. It's their choice, just like it's THEIR choice whether they want to play a horrible game that plays NOTHING like hockey with EA's NHL franchise.

You wanna know what's ILLEGAL? Companies that sell a product stating it's one thing and then offering another. Now who could that company be that does this on a regular basis and keeps getting away with it?

We wonders... Yesssssssss, precioussssssssss... We wonders!

Last edited by VeNOM3099; 08-08-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:30 AM   #37
Rookie

KoryDub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
In essence, you're not really breaking the law here, just engaging in something that could be construed as infringing on the copyrights of the companies that own the rights to those games.
umm.. exactly?
Old 08-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #38
Rookie

KoryDub's Arena

Quote:
it's THEIR choice whether they want to play a horrible game that plays NOTHING like hockey with EA's NHL franchise.
Your obsession with CAPTILIZING words for emphasis is downright ANNOYING.

In any case, it's too bad you think EA's game plays 'nothing like hockey'.

You spend a lot of time criticizing this game but you've yet to show anything that indicates you know anything about game development or hockey.

When I see someone look at EA's NHL series and say 'that's not 'hockey' I laugh and I laugh and I laugh.

It so clearly IS hockey. It's just that your ego can't take the losses or the glitches or the bugs.

You think a game should be 100% recreation of real life. That demonstrates such a disconnect from reality it's mind boggling.
Old 08-08-2019, 12:06 PM   #39
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryDub
Your obsession with CAPTILIZING words for emphasis is downright ANNOYING.
Thank you for letting me know who tipped off the mods on the EA forums about that. Not that I had a doubt that it was YOU, but thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Quote:
In any case, it's too bad you think EA's game plays 'nothing like hockey'.
It doesn't...

Quote:
You spend a lot of time criticizing this game but you've yet to show anything that indicates you know anything about game development or hockey.
Maybe because I actually played the actual sport and coached it in real life. No, not just shinny in the park rink. Actual competition Hockey. Made it all the way up to Junior A before real life took over. So unlike many of you, I actually KNOW a thing or two about the sport rather than my knowledge coming from watching the nightly highlight reels on NHL.com.

Quote:
When I see someone look at EA's NHL series and say 'that's not 'hockey' I laugh and I laugh and I laugh.
Your life must be a constant laugh riot then...

Quote:
It so clearly IS hockey. It's just that your ego can't take the losses or the glitches or the bugs.
Ah! The KoryDub bread and butter excuse: "You hate the game because you're bad at it/lose". I'd say you are the PERFECT candidate for LG hockey, but then I remember your awful record there that makes mine look like a Hall of Famer. BTW, my record in VS was like 250 wins, 120 losses and 90 OTLs. Playing with teams like Ottawa and Edmonton... When I was active playing drop-ins I was in the top 20 goalies for wins, GAA and SV%. So no... I'm not upset "just because I lost". As many even on the EA forums have told you over and over again: even when you win, this game makes you mad.

The fact that you think people hate this game because they lose all the time sounds like projection to me. I mean... just look at your record. LOL!

Quote:
You think a game should be 100% recreation of real life. That demonstrates such a disconnect from reality it's mind boggling.
What's mind boggling is your insistence on defending a game that's clearly intended to be played casually (at best) and at worse is a blatant money grabbing operation, praying on those that can't help themselves (gambling problems).

There's nothing wrong with EA's NHL being an arcade game. Taken as such, it's not such a bad game. The issue comes when EA takes it to the competitive level where it fails miserably. But hey, what do I know? I've only played competitive ICE hockey for 30 years.

I'm sure someone who's never laced up actual ice skates and watched thousands of highlight reels of NHL games knows more than I do. RIGHT?

Last edited by VeNOM3099; 08-08-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:13 PM   #40
Rookie

KoryDub's Arena

Quote:
But hey, what do I know? I've only played competitive ICE hockey for 30 years.

I'm sure someone who's never laced up actual ice skates and watched thousands of highlight reels of NHL games knows more than I do. RIGHT?
You always talk about your '20 years of competitive hockey experience' but you have yet to prove it.

And you always spice up your posts by stating that anyone who disagrees with you knows "nothing about hockey" and has "never even laced up ice skates".

It's so ridiculous. I've always said that when it comes to bugs, glitches, missing features, removed features, presentation.. etc etc needed work. I've always agreed with you on that.

Where I disagree is this attitude that until EA fulfills your personal view of what hockey is you just continue to call the development team out and EA as a company.

I'd also like to point out that anyone who actually has 20 years of experience playing hockey NEVER refers to it as 'ICE Hockey' and I would imagine one's energy would be best spent coaching people rather than telling anyone who will listen that the game company that currently makes NHL videogames is just a 'blatant money grabbing operation'.

lol

Last edited by KoryDub; 08-08-2019 at 02:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »