Home

NHL 20 Franchise Mode Trailer, Details and New Features - 24 Minute Video Included

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Franchise Mode Trailer, Details and New Features - 24 Minute Video Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2019, 03:53 PM   #33
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 20 Franchise Mode Trailer, Details and New Features - 24 Minute Video Include

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Hard to tell from that but I really hate how they talk about roster sharing like some new cutting edge aspect of the game that they just can’t quite deliver on yet.....it’s been around since last gen consoles and there is not a single logical or legitimate reason it shouldn’t be in the game. I honestly think it’s ignored and left out on purpose. They hate the fact that most of us can edit and deliver a better and accurate roster update in a few days as opposed to the woefully inaccurate and incomplete rosters we get dumped on us each month.
Makes no sense since Madden has roster as well as draft class sharing.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:59 PM   #34
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 Franchise Mode Trailer, Details and New Features - 24 Minute Video Include

so I watched the video, I liked everything about it, but... I wanna see if be a pro got sum luv outta this now, now that franchise got whole sqwack of changes, NHL 20 I remember, had a different Be A Pro in it, they've been completely silent on that.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:56 PM   #35
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Lipstick on a pig. I'll play 2K10 another year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 08:08 PM   #36
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Like... What is there left to say about EA's yearly NHL release that hasn't been said a bajillion times over and over again?

People aren't as stupid or forgetful as EA wishes we were. Every year they try to rope us into buying their game (again) by promising new and improved features (again) that never pan out once the community starts complaining about it (again) and the devs rush in to bring the game back to what it was the year before... AGAIN!!

Offline Franchise improvements look nice. Too bad NHL 2K8, a game made 11 years ago, has nearly every same feature and it plays (whaddya know) like hockey which EA's NHL has never done in it's existence. Even better is I didn't have to shell out 90$ CAD to purchase it yearly. I just had it from when I bought it 11 years ago!

The AI is great! The goalies are phenomenal! Even the graphics and animations stand up pretty well to today's scrutiny.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:48 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
Like... What is there left to say about EA's yearly NHL release that hasn't been said a bajillion times over and over again?

People aren't as stupid or forgetful as EA wishes we were. Every year they try to rope us into buying their game (again) by promising new and improved features (again) that never pan out once the community starts complaining about it (again) and the devs rush in to bring the game back to what it was the year before... AGAIN!!

Offline Franchise improvements look nice. Too bad NHL 2K8, a game made 11 years ago, has nearly every same feature and it plays (whaddya know) like hockey which EA's NHL has never done in it's existence. Even better is I didn't have to shell out 90$ CAD to purchase it yearly. I just had it from when I bought it 11 years ago!

The AI is great! The goalies are phenomenal! Even the graphics and animations stand up pretty well to today's scrutiny.

Sooooo, you won’t be buying it?
Old 08-17-2019, 12:47 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudey
While I applaud the additions to "be a gm" mode, the thing that bothers me with this game is that all of it doesn't matter when there is no player separation on the ice. When I can still dump all 6 d men for scrubs and see no difference it really makes it all pointless. I really hope I'm wrong and it's improved, but their comment that the on ice ai wasn't worked on doesn't sound promising.

Connected Franchise and player differentiation are two huge items for me. I think the Madden has a long way to go to perfect their superstar abilities, but i would love to see something similar in NHL. Something that really helps separate the stars from the fourth liners.
Old 08-17-2019, 12:49 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallidevils
Can you add legends to franchise teams this year?
Yes you can.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:24 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Connected Franchise and player differentiation are two huge items for me. I think the Madden has a long way to go to perfect their superstar abilities, but i would love to see something similar in NHL. Something that really helps separate the stars from the fourth liners.
You guys know theres a slider that helps with that? I havent played offline franchise mode in a year or 2, but I used to use this slider to fix this exact issue.

It's called attribute effect I think? Basically the higher you put the slider, the bigger the effect every individual attributes had. I remember at the time it did work too, idk if that's changed at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »