Home

NHL 20 Player Ratings Revealed w/ Screenshots (Constantly Updated) - Top 50

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Player Ratings Revealed w/ Screenshots (Constantly Updated) - Top 50 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2019, 06:35 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 20 Player Ratings Revealed w/ Screenshots (Constantly Updated) - Top 50

EA and some NHL players have slowly revealed some NHL 20 player ratings and screenshots. We'll...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 08-23-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2019, 07:23 AM   #2
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 20 Player Rating - Jack Hughes

This year, it won't be a great thriller since all players ratings have leaked last week, when a few people were able to play the game on Xbox before they should.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:19 AM   #3
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

I’ve never gotten excited for the player ratings because there is no player separation in this game anyway and a 71 overall seems to have all the skills and ability of Sidney Crosby......but don’t worry you will be able to tell the difference by his “signature shot”. (Sarcasm implied)
Old 08-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #4
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

I think that's the right rating for jack hughes, to be honest, I seen him play on TV with big Olympic Hockey Players, he can handle himself with out doubt, all through he didn't score I think, but he was mature enough and good enough to play with big leaguers.

he's got my approval for that rating.

I wanna see what Sidney Crosby is rating next, I Hope his rating is at 92 and not 93 or 95, he still got gas in tank to lead his team to another cup.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 08-21-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #5
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I’ve never gotten excited for the player ratings because there is no player separation in this game anyway and a 71 overall seems to have all the skills and ability of Sidney Crosby......but don’t worry you will be able to tell the difference by his “signature shot”. (Sarcasm implied)
Offline, cranking the attribute effect slider up to 9 or 10 seems to make non-superstars completely incompetent rather than making the stars actually shine. Also, due to the goalies in this game not allowing any realistic (found a hole) goals if you will, it makes playing with the bottom-6 guys a total chore. Basically you have to shoot for rebounds or not use LS because they will easily send the shot wide by a mile.

This is why I use a more all-star type roster offline and tune the game based on the default 5/10 attribute effect. If the game is going to have predictable goals where you basically have to take the perfect shot, or do a perfect one-timer to score (assuming you crank up the goalies so they're not default swiss-cheese) then I need predictable results when playing with my skaters.

This game is a better game than NHL2k10 imo, there's no doubt that all of the mechanics in EA's game are a great foundation for a great game. The slider adjustments only add to how good this game can be. HOWEVER; there are a few areas that totally make this game feel a lot worse and less immersive than NHL 2k10 and that's the only reason the 2k series still gets brought up to this day.

EA's goalies are so horribly unrealistic. They can move laterally like they're a bubble-hockey goalie being whipped around by a 5 year-old, and of course all without seeing their legs move! How does a goalie move without moving their legs LOL!? Unlike their 2k counterparts, you'll almost never beat them with a quick snap shot from a seemingly non-dangerous player. The 2k games were so good at having unpredictable goals. 2-on-1 with bottom 6 forwards, the pass isn't open so I just take a quick snap shot and BOOM! A completely unexpected, yet realistic goal that felt so organic! Not to mention the fact that 9 times out of 10 that goal doesn't go in, but for whatever reason that 3rd liner beat the goalie under the arm for that one and it was so so good to see. The 2k goalies also had momentum and actual animations that proved why the goalie was able to recover. On breakaways, they didn't drop into the butterfly and then move across the crease 10 times as that's physically impossible, they actually could get really faked out like a normal goalie, and sometimes they'd make a huge save by diving back rather than just being a bubble-hockey goalie.

Last thing to note: shot accuracy. Why in EA do shots either miss the net or hit exactly where you're aiming? This is what causes so many goals and makes shooters feel the same no matter what. I want to see the difference between Ovi's 1t being able to hit good spots more often that Tom Wilson's. I don't need Wilson to miss the net all of the time, but make his shots go low when you're aiming mid, make them hit center mass when you're aiming to the corner. Stuff like this should result in goalie attributes mattering more (rebound control) and it should make for more scrambles and organic gameplay in-front of the net. This is all stuff that 2k had that EA can't seem to figure out. The game is a lot closer to being an exceptional hockey representation, but legacy issues continue to plague this game with no end in sight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2019, 01:29 PM   #6
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

The biggest news of this seems to be that EA can finally put rookies on NHL rosters before they've played a regular season game for the team. I noticed in the leaks that all the top rookies were on their teams already. Nice change and should have better rosters from the hop.

Now, if only the complexities around AHL player rights and Jr rosters could be resolved sooner after release.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:41 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
The biggest news of this seems to be that EA can finally put rookies on NHL rosters before they've played a regular season game for the team. I noticed in the leaks that all the top rookies were on their teams already. Nice change and should have better rosters from the hop.

Now, if only the complexities around AHL player rights and Jr rosters could be resolved sooner after release.
What you mean about Top rookies ? Only the players with an ELC contract including unsigned WHL, OHL, QMJHL players or for example the not signed rookies of this years draft like US players Alex Turcotte, Cole Caufield .... too ? Where can I find the player leak information ?
Old 08-22-2019, 12:14 AM   #8
Rookie

I'm genuinely curious as to how Jackie Boy is in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »