Home

NHL 20 Will Feature 33 Playable Alumni Teams - Available in Play Now & Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Will Feature 33 Playable Alumni Teams - Available in Play Now & Franchise Mode within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2019, 01:19 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 Will Feature 33 Playable Alumni Teams - Available in Play Now & Franchise

OK so just to be clear, can we add just one alumni team as say an expansion team(which would be pointless) or can we replace all teams for an all alumni franchise (which would be great!)
Old 08-31-2019, 01:58 PM   #18
Rookie

shanev's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 20 Will Feature 33 Playable Alumni Teams - Available in Play Now & Franchise

This is actually pretty cool. I’m happy to hear it. I wasn’t going to buy this year, but having a 12 year old hockey player in the house, i have to anyway. I’m just getting it on one console though. But I’ll definitely check out these teams too. If only we could get roster sharing now

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 08-31-2019, 03:00 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman79
OK so just to be clear, can we add just one alumni team as say an expansion team(which would be pointless) or can we replace all teams for an all alumni franchise (which would be great!)
I guess you can change all current to Alumni like you can change all with own made Teams. Would be more happy to edit and implement only some single Alumni player younger, lesser rating and adding them to Junior Teams for later drafts in Franchise mode.
Old 08-31-2019, 06:00 PM   #20
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Love the fact it has nothing to do with Ultimate Team!
Old 08-31-2019, 10:04 PM   #21
Nak Muay

pslieber's Arena

OVR: 5

This is such great news!!! I only wish I could play vs, with a friend, using these teams. That would be awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2019, 11:39 PM   #22
Rookie

Of course some are complaining. *It's the internet and some people just need to be crying about things, no matter what it is.....they just have to. *lol *I see this as a great addition to the game, but if I didn't I wouldn't be complaining. *It would just be another option that I would choose not to use. *The fact that people complain about having more options and ways to play is hilariously lame.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:21 AM   #23
Rookie

You want to know why longtimers aren't impressed with this?

Go look at that trailer for PES 2020.* Seriously, LOOK AT IT.* It's GORGEOUS.* It may not win any awards for just having all those environments, but you can tell Konami is trying to world-build here.* WRC 8 ships this week, and it appears they cribbed from Codemasters' F1 series--and I mean that as a COMPLIMENT.* MLB The Show is so immersive that you could be forgiven for mistaking a CPU vs CPU game for an actual broadcast.* (I had someone do just that, TWO YEARS AGO).

And for solo players like me, where career modes are my chance to be someone I can't be in real life, there's got to be a "there" there.* World-building matters.* NHL 13 and 14 at least *tried* to do a little of that in Be a Pro.* But that feature set didn't make it onto the current generation, and isn't going to be in this year's edition, either

Be A Pro was more feature-rich, HALF A DECADE AND AN ENTIRE HARDWARE GENERATION AGO.* Let that sink in.

And instead of trying to rebuild a mode that had genuine depth, and could have become a genre defining career mode if they'd bothered sticking with it, they just abandoned the concept, gave us a gussied up version of Be a Pro that, functionally, is tough to distinguish from NHL 12, told us, in effect, to suck it up buttercup, and kept inventing ever more creative ways to yell "Squirrel!"

That doesn't fly with me.* Sorry.*

Matter of fact, if I were Gary Bettman right now, I'd consider the half-fast efforts from the past few years to be a breach of fiduciary duty on EA's part, and see if there was any way to pull the NHL license away from them.* The point of being licensed by the League, is to represent the League as best as possible--NOT to put out some warmed-over pablum "for the community" that bears little resemblance to the game as played in the actual League.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:08 AM   #24
Rookie

LousyJackRanga's Arena

Is there any chance we can replace every team with the alumni teams and play through that way?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »