Home

NHL 20 Will Feature 33 Playable Alumni Teams - Available in Play Now & Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on NHL 20 Will Feature 33 Playable Alumni Teams - Available in Play Now & Franchise Mode within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2019, 06:50 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 Will Feature 33 Playable Alumni Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
The Quebec Nordiques are back in NHL 20! Play as Peter Forsberg, Joe Sakic, Peter Stastny and many more!
When did Forsberg wear that old *** helmet!? XD

As a swede, for me Sundin was more Quebec than Forsberg was. He was Colorado. But I guess Sundin will be in Toronto.

I liked the way 2K did it back in the day with actual season rosters instead of all star teams. However it is still nice to see this.

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2019, 09:32 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 20 Will Feature 33 Playable Alumni Teams - Available in Play Now & Franchise

Are they really creating entire alumni teams or just a line or two of players per team? Won’t that be like 700 players?
Old 09-01-2019, 10:17 AM   #27
Rookie

Re: NHL 20 Will Feature 33 Playable Alumni Teams - Available in Play Now & Franchise

Loving it!
Old 09-01-2019, 10:40 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallidevils
Are they really creating entire alumni teams or just a line or two of players per team? Won’t that be like 700 players?
Considering they have had all of them in previous games, creating attributes for them should just be a matter of converting game to game. And I guess there will be a lot of generic faces in that case... Could also be they have 33 alumni "teams" which would be like premade teams with old logos or something that you can chose from to put your collection of alumnis in...

Download the NHL2K20 roster at:
http://PlayNHL.TK

Discussion: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...s-nhl2k11.html
Old 09-01-2019, 11:27 AM   #29
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

At this point EA is trying to sell a car with no brakes and no steering by advertising about the large trunk space and the power windows. And hey, look! This car even has a power roof!
Old 09-01-2019, 12:44 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
At this point EA is trying to sell a car with no brakes and no steering by advertising about the large trunk space and the power windows. And hey, look! This car even has a power roof!
Everything to be able to say "Look at all that we added this year ! We did not have time to work on AI, player separation and gameplay. Maybe next year.". Next year they will have another excuse, like the new console generation.

For me, this year is the perfect illustration that you can be lazy even if you work 24h a day by avoiding the really tough work .
Old 09-01-2019, 06:53 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm wondering if EA is still going to have retired numbers with this addition. If you can move the alumni players to their regular teams for Play Now or something, then it could be a mess if that's still there. But I would love to know if we can create other alumni players and add them to those teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2019, 11:24 PM   #32
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
I am a original six guy with 6 original six jerseys hanging up in my man cave plus 1 a Guy Lafluer Jersey from the Quebec Nordiques *when *will the *NHL *get them a team back I love their jerseys cannot wait to play them again. However remember NBA2K12 you could play as former old teams and the camera *would change like black and white *and 1970 television this would be real cool with hockey but I just don’t think the NHL dev team has the talent to pull this off

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »