Home

NHL 20 EA Access Trial Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 20 EA Access Trial Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2019, 04:04 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 20 EA Access Trial Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
I found 20 to be a tad fast. Without touching game speed, I dropped acceleration and agility to 45 and I thought it felt similar to 19. Not a huge change for me, but I guess it all depends what sliders you used and what your definition of "too fast" and "too slow" are you know? The new puck pickup animations sped the game up a bit, so I think only a small change was necessary to get it in that perfect balance of realism and fun video game speed.
In 16, which was last game played, I put speed at 1. I'm sure 20 defaults fast as it looks fast but can you slow it down right much? I think it defaults at 3?
Old 09-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #74
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpxgalaxy
The Show is also stagnating because, you guessed it, their version of ultimate team mode (Diamond Dynasty) has taken over. Franchise mode has seen very little improvements in the last 5 years. They even lost features. I like The Show, I played many hours (more than EA NHL) but I don't like the direction they took in the last few years.

Every sport franchise is now an Ultimate Team affair.

Agreed. There are features and even options that were removed from MLB, that frustrate me. With that said, I’m thinking more along the lines of gameplay (for the most part) and authenticity to the sport itself.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:43 PM   #75
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrudey32
In 16, which was last game played, I put speed at 1. I'm sure 20 defaults fast as it looks fast but can you slow it down right much? I think it defaults at 3?
Yes the default is still 3. You can easily slow the game down to your liking. Some of the skating animations seem a little too unrealistically fast as well, so I definitely recommend the small agility/accel nerfs as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
Agreed. There are features and even options that were removed from MLB, that frustrate me. With that said, I’m thinking more along the lines of gameplay (for the most part) and authenticity to the sport itself.
Baseball is also a lot easier to capture. Same with basketball and football.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:40 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 6

Gameplay feels good to me so far. But a couple of issues I have is that the new play by play announcer is way too hyper. Also like last year, the PA announcer does not get excited when the home team scores. Only shows excitement when he says the time of the goal. And of course goal horns and music aren't like the teams have in real life. Was hoping they would bring that back. I guess not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2019, 10:26 PM   #78
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

I know we're waiting on the official roster update, but what are the current rosters right now? Are they still end of last years or have they been updated at all from the off-season?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2019, 10:26 PM   #79
Rookie

I think the announcer is great tbh. He's actually excited when things happen. It's a much bigger improvement. But there's a lot of anger and frustration that I suffer from with the gameplay. Oh and the coaching thing is completely useless. A different coach changes nothing.

Last edited by SocialAssassin; 09-10-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:41 PM   #80
Banned

Roscosuper's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialAssassin
I think the announcer is great tbh. He's actually excited when things happen. It's a much bigger improvement. But there's a lot of anger and frustration that I suffer from with the gameplay. Oh and the coaching thing is completely useless. A different coach changes nothing.
What do you mean a different coach changes nothing? I think I know what you're going to say as it is what I was afraid of, but if you could elaborate that would be great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »