Home

NHL 20 EA Access Trial Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 20 EA Access Trial Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2019, 02:46 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 EA Access Trial Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscosuper
What do you mean a different coach changes nothing? I think I know what you're going to say as it is what I was afraid of, but if you could elaborate that would be great.

Your team doesn't play any different no matter who your coach is. It's all the same, back and forth, back and forth. You take the puck up with no resistance, take a shot or have it blocked, they take it back, no resistance and take a shot. There's no stylistic differences with a new coach. Same ol' crapola.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2019, 04:06 AM   #82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
Gameplay feels good to me so far. But a couple of issues I have is that the new play by play announcer is way too hyper. Also like last year, the PA announcer does not get excited when the home team scores. Only shows excitement when he says the time of the goal. And of course goal horns and music aren't like the teams have in real life. Was hoping they would bring that back. I guess not.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is one of the biggest gripes with EAs Hockey Game, it’s
A real shame that they name this Game an NHL Game without the real Horns /Songs.

Cancel the Soundtrack Songs and spend the money for real NHL goal horn and songs lisences...damn it’s an NHL Hockey Video Game!
Old 09-11-2019, 04:58 AM   #83
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialAssassin
Your team doesn't play any different no matter who your coach is. It's all the same, back and forth, back and forth. You take the puck up with no resistance, take a shot or have it blocked, they take it back, no resistance and take a shot. There's no stylistic differences with a new coach. Same ol' crapola.

It’s like watching low-level minor league hockey. Skate, skate, pass, shoot. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2019, 07:48 AM   #84
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
It’s like watching low-level minor league hockey. Skate, skate, pass, shoot. Lather, rinse, repeat.

And that’s because of EAs refusal to incorporate any player separation and any difference in player types. Despite all its flaws if this game had that it would feel and play light years different. In its current state it’s nothing more than enhanced pong
Old 09-11-2019, 07:57 AM   #85
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
And that’s because of EAs refusal to incorporate any player separation and any difference in player types. Despite all its flaws if this game had that it would feel and play light years different. In its current state it’s nothing more than enhanced pong

I’ve actually enjoyed playing ECHL games in recent years. The players aren’t nearly as highly rated as NHL guys and the games just feel more balanced. There isn’t a lot of separation there either, but players also don’t skate up and down the ice at will at breakneck speed.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2019, 08:07 AM   #86
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

A couple minor observations....not important but inexcusable. Obviously we all know it’s absurd not having a roster share but it’s also pathetic that we still have the same limited play by play names list that dates back 2 consoles, Awful that we still have black silhouettes for faces in overlays. And lame that most teams still have the same boring and unimaginative goalie masks they have had since NHL 10. It’s not paramount to game play but it shows you how lazy they are.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:34 AM   #87
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
A couple minor observations....not important but inexcusable. Obviously we all know it’s absurd not having a roster share but it’s also pathetic that we still have the same limited play by play names list that dates back 2 consoles, Awful that we still have black silhouettes for faces in overlays. And lame that most teams still have the same boring and unimaginative goalie masks they have had since NHL 10. It’s not paramount to game play but it shows you how lazy they are.
And we still don't have the option to choose no play by play name.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:59 AM   #88
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5

Grabbed EA Access for a month and gave it a try last night.

I think overall the gameplay has improved: skating, passing, shooting, control of your player specifically in the offensive zone around the blue line, are all much smoother.

That said, it's still an arcade game, online at least. Like stated above, skate as fast as you can up and down the ice and shoot. New shot exploits exist, but I guess that was expected.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »