Home

NHL 20 EA Access Trial Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 20 EA Access Trial Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 20 EA Access Trial Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

With all that being said, though, I plan on getting 19 or 20. I'm sure I'd like the commentary better on 19 (even if repetitive) but 20 looks to have a few tweaks, gameplay wise. Plus the Kings Alumni team might actually get me to buy the game. Sad, but true.

I do think that if tweaked properly I can get a decently realistic game of hockey from it. I've always been good at doing that. I also think that a lot of it falls on how you play, yourself. Just not sure which one to get.

DJ, haven't you got the attention of 2K yet? Would be nice, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 03:02 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrudey32
With all that being said, though, I plan on getting 19 or 20. I'm sure I'd like the commentary better on 19 (even if repetitive) but 20 looks to have a few tweaks, gameplay wise. Plus the Kings Alumni team might actually get me to buy the game. Sad, but true.

I do think that if tweaked properly I can get a decently realistic game of hockey from it. I've always been good at doing that. I also think that a lot of it falls on how you play, yourself. Just not sure which one to get.

I would say the best option is to get the EA Access for a month ($5) and test NHL20 for 10 hours and play NHL19 from the vault for a month. Than you decide if you buy the 19 for $10 or less used or if you are mad enough to pay $60 for NHL20!

I am gonna stick with NHL19 since i signed EA Access for an year and got the game from there. Tested the 20 demo but the new presentation and commentary are horrendous. Also hated the speed of the game and the excess of backward lighspeed-between-the-legs-passes from the AI, is totally ridiculous. Also i played about 10 games and 99% of the AI goals were one-timers, +90% pass accurancy, no neutral zone gameplay, scores like 7x2 and 9x2 on all-star...

I could go on but already had enough and uninstalled it, gonna play it when it hits the vauld next year with some sliders, but for now will keep playing 19 that seems less worse than 20.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:03 PM   #43
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrudey32
With all that being said, though, I plan on getting 19 or 20 . I'm sure I'd like the commentary better on 19 (even if repetitive) but 20 looks to have a few tweaks, gameplay wise. Plus the Kings Alumni team might actually get me to buy the game. Sad, but true.

Take it from me; If you've played NHL 16, then you pretty much played NHL 20 (except for the meta goals which keep changing from year to year). So don't bother paying for this game. If you must, wait until it's on special or (if you're desperate) try to lurk in any big NHL streamer's chat from now to official launch date and maybe you can snag a "gift" code.

For myself, unless I luck out and somehow manage to land one of those aforementioned free codes, I'm gonna wait until the game is out in the EA Access vault next year to play.

This game isn't worth over $90 CAD... And that's just the standard version.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:05 PM   #44
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolaman
Same game as last year. Nothing new. And what few changes are there you can't even use. Franchise Hire a coach.....should be wait 4 years and then get a coach. Cause they auto assign them and dont' let you hire your coaching staff to star. Even with a expansion team you are auto assigned your coaching staff?????? Also if you want to build a specific type of team like run an gun, or Trap style team.....well you can't. Want a goalie coach for a butterfly goalie....they don't exist. I mean really.

Also no updates to create a team. I mean Quebec Nordiques are in as a legends team but you can't create the Nordiques in create a mode still???? The Nordiques are still not a option.

No new logos, no new jersey nothing. Same old game......oh for all the Jerks there is new after the game celebrations but again you can only have one.

And gameplay is pretty much the same i didn't notice any difference from 19 which i played in the morning while 20 was downloading.

Just like Madden EA keeps putting new lipstick on the pig.....
There’s actually quite a few new generic logos, maybe you weren’t looking hard enough. Also, if you want to pick your own coach fire the one you have and hire new ones. There is no penalty for this
Old 09-07-2019, 03:06 PM   #45
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

I know, I didn't play EA Access, but I plan on getting it on 13th, one slider, that I am glad is back, which viewed al tito's and fiddy sliders, one setting am so happy for is : Goalie Persistence , when they showed sliders, I am happy now.

now I can relax and chill out.

if goalie persistence works just like NHL 19 and now into NHL 20, I couldn't be much happyier, over joyed actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 03:19 PM   #46
Rookie

BelfourThibault's Arena

OVR: 1

I have to say, I'm enjoying the game overall after knocking speed down to 2 (from 3) and bumping all goalie sliders up to 80 (from 50 "out of the box"). One minor thing that drove me crazy last year that's still there in 20 is the abundance of goalie sticks taped with black tape. I know I'm getting old, and I'm already having to get used to guys wearing crazy non-traditional numbers, but the vast majority of goalies still use white tape. Like I said, that's very minor, but it takes its toll on the realism and immersion aspect for me.
NCAA- Notre Dame, Arizona State, and Mizzou
Old 09-07-2019, 03:56 PM   #47
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

I know first thing am gonna test, cross crease save reaction: 99 & goalie save reaction: 98 & goalie deflection save reaction: 98 & goalie screen effect: 85 and Goalie Persistence : 5 or 6 and alternate for superstar : goalie save reaction: 99 , in 20 minutes.

if anyone has NHL 20 might wanna plop that in, if u are curious.

and also steal my shooting section from my franchise all-star 20 minutes.

just for kicks and fun.

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 09-07-2019 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:33 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
Take it from me; If you've played NHL 16, then you pretty much played NHL 20 (except for the meta goals which keep changing from year to year). So don't bother paying for this game. If you must, wait until it's on special or (if you're desperate) try to lurk in any big NHL streamer's chat from now to official launch date and maybe you can snag a "gift" code.

For myself, unless I luck out and somehow manage to land one of those aforementioned free codes, I'm gonna wait until the game is out in the EA Access vault next year to play.

This game isn't worth over $90 CAD... And that's just the standard version.
So Venom, you are one of the old schoolers. I loved your 2K8 difference video way back. So what game do you play for your hockey fix then?

I guess I've played so little of EA hockey that everything is kinda fresh to me. Not saying it's great but I'm 16 I found some sliders that make for a pretty good game. Lots of scrums and loose pucks. And the true broadcast camera is really good to me. Still, there are issues everywhere, no doubt. But they are in the other hockey games I play as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »