Home

Gamespot gave this game a 9 out of 10. LMAO!

This is a discussion on Gamespot gave this game a 9 out of 10. LMAO! within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2019, 08:53 AM   #57
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Gamespot gave this game a 9 out of 10. LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryDub
But it's clearly not tho. I get that ya'll think I'm 'just arguing' for the sake of arguing. But the reality is you're both trying to say that the gameplay in NHL 20 is exactly the same as NHL 19.

I'm not trying to be a jerk about this but seriously - if you honestly believe that NHL 19's gameplay is the EXACT same as NHL 20 with no improvements.. you're just not being genuine in your assessment of the game.

I'm not saying that these gameplay changes are going to improve your subjective opinion of the game - clearly you already have a bias that EA can't do anything right - so you're going to come at it with a negative point of view to start with.

What I am saying is that there's hope. NHL20 has a lot to make someone hopeful that the gameplay is beginning to take a positive to turn.

Again - I've never said this game is perfect. I've always maintained that there are glaring issues to be resolved - but - NHL 20 is NOT the same as NHL19. Anyone calming that to be the case is simply showcasing their lack of understanding or awareness to the subtle nuances that EA has begun to start smoothing out.
I知 not trying to be argumentative either. I知 not basing my statements on bias despite having issues with the direction this series is headed. I知 basing it on years of playing the game. I知 also basing it on EAs very own admission that they didn稚 touch the AI at all.......that alone by definition dictates that game will play the same. If you can explain how a game with the exact same programmed AI has better core gameplay I知 all ears. Not your opinion on how you feel but how it could play different using the same AI.

Yes the skating has improved the past 2 years....yes the shots taken have improved this year so it looks better but those things do not change how the game plays only how it feels and those are two very different things.

In the end it痴 still just a North South game with no board play, no neutral zone play, goalies who play poor angles and go down to soon, AI that still wanders, and zero player separation. The game basically at its core plays the same as it has.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:20 AM   #58
Pro

boxers's Arena

Didn't realize that AI hadn't been touched at all, do you mind adding the link for where you saw this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I知 also basing it on EAs very own admission that they didn稚 touch the AI at all.......
Old 09-21-2019, 11:55 AM   #59
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxers
Didn't realize that AI hadn't been touched at all, do you mind adding the link for where you saw this?
I値l try and find it. It was from an interview with a developer that I believe was posted in a thread here on OS
Old 09-21-2019, 02:24 PM   #60
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...0-q-video.html
Old 09-21-2019, 08:27 PM   #61
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

Thank you for asking that question. Now lets see if he finds that link. Should be interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 09:29 PM   #62
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Thank you for asking that question. Now lets see if he finds that link. Should be interesting.
Somebody already posted the link in this thread....thank you JR. kind of surprised people need proof of this. If you’ve played the game the past 3-4 releases it’s pretty obvious the AI has gone untouched for years.

If anyone can point to something new or innovative they are seeing the AI do please point it out or provide a clip of it because I would be eager to see it. Nobody would love to be proven wrong more than I do on this.

Last edited by jake19ny; 09-21-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:49 AM   #63
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

I still play NHL 19 and primarily play be a pro. Is it worth picking up 20 or should I just stick with 19 until 21 comes out?

Sent from my J8170 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-22-2019, 07:46 AM   #64
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
I still play NHL 19 and primarily play be a pro. Is it worth picking up 20 or should I just stick with 19 until 21 comes out?

Sent from my J8170 using Operation Sports mobile app
Do you play offline or online? Despite my grievances with this series and the fact that the core gameplay is the same, the offline game in its current state is more enjoyable than NHL 19 by far. I say in its current state because NHL 19 Beta played fantastic offline and by the 2nd patch and tuners it was identical and as bad as NHL 18. So I’m waiting for that shoe to drop....

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »