Home

Impossible to win auction in HUT!

This is a discussion on Impossible to win auction in HUT! within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2019, 06:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Impossible to win auction in HUT!

Is there a way to win an auction? So many times I have the highest bid, the clock counts down and I lose it. I even try sometimes outbidding myself at the last second to secure it, but that doesn't work. Occasionally I win one but never if someone else is bidding against me. If I raise the bid in the last few seconds it adds more time, but it seems if others do it just ends and I never know until my coins are spit back to me.
I have a feeling there's nothing that can be done, but thought I'd ask if there's a way around this.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Impossible to win auction in HUT!

I haven't played HUT since EA messed with the daily coin acquisition reward method from how many days in a row you sign in to the 12 hour method.

However when I did play it and bid on an auction I noticed that the time screen has a bug in it in that the time goes down but the game fails to immediately update that somebody else bid on the item you're looking at. In order to overcome this what you need to do is to exit the screen you're looking at and then go back in. This will refresh the bid pricing information and who is winning the bid and how much time is actually left till the bidding ends. What you need to realize is that the bug causes the page to fail to update for almost a minute. (which of course is way too long since adding a bid at the last moment only adds 20 seconds if I recall correctly)

Just be sure to be quick about the page exit/entrance process or the time left to the bid is likely to expire before you get the chance to put in a further bid.

On a side note; If this is indeed your issue, this has been a bug in the game for years which EA for some reason never fixed.

P.S. If you're outbidding yourself at the last moment and you don't win the bid it probably means that you didn't actually outbid yourself. Technically speaking it is possible that the extra time you added by your last bid gave somebody else time to outbid you but that scenario whilst possible is highly unlikely to have been what occurred. More likely what occurred is that you just didn't get to see the fact that somebody outbid you because of the aforementioned bug.
You actually would have realized this if you had tried to outbid yourself with the minimum amount the auction allowed. The page would then have notified you that your bid was not accepted thus indicating somebody else outbid you.

Last edited by Big Shmooz; 10-17-2019 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Impossible to win auction in HUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shmooz
I haven't played HUT since EA messed with the daily coin acquisition reward method from how many days in a row you sign in to the 12 hour method.

However when I did play it and bid on an auction I noticed that the time screen has a bug in it in that the time goes down but the game fails to immediately update that somebody else bid on the item you're looking at. In order to overcome this what you need to do is to exit the screen you're looking at and then go back in. This will refresh the bid pricing information and who is winning the bid and how much time is actually left till the bidding ends. What you need to realize is that the bug causes the page to fail to update for almost a minute. (which of course is way too long since adding a bid at the last moment only adds 20 seconds if I recall correctly)

Just be sure to be quick about the page exit/entrance process or the time left to the bid is likely to expire before you get the chance to put in a further bid.

On a side note; If this is indeed your issue, this has been a bug in the game for years which EA for some reason never fixed.

P.S. If you're outbidding yourself at the last moment and you don't win the bid it probably means that you didn't actually outbid yourself. Technically speaking it is possible that the extra time you added by your last bid gave somebody else time to outbid you but that scenario whilst possible is highly unlikely to have been what occurred. More likely what occurred is that you just didn't get to see the fact that somebody outbid you because of the aforementioned bug.
You actually would have realized this if you had tried to outbid yourself with the minimum amount the auction allowed. The page would then have notified you that your bid was not accepted thus indicating somebody else outbid you.
Thanks for the advice...will try it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »