Home

This game is honestly a chore to play

This is a discussion on This game is honestly a chore to play within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2020, 09:17 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: This game is honestly a chore to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
A couple things:

This was your first response:

No one said you needed to spend months trying them. If you're happy, that's all that matters.

Why did you feel the need to interject with nothing to add to the conversation other than the fact that you don't agree?

You can have an opinion, thats perfectly fine. You shared it and quite frankly, you were okay until you ended with "If you don't like it, find something else to play."

That's where your opinion stops and the trolling starts.

No one said you were knocking sliders. No one has a problem with you liking default sliders.

In fact, no one cared about your opinion at all until you interjected it and like I said before, told people to shut up or stop playing.

That's where you went to far.
Did not mean to offend anyone,but if people keep saying this game is a chore to play,yes than don't play it. A lot of us enjoy playing this game,be it with default sliders or sliders sets,I still try the odd slider set and find a lot of good in it. Get your facts straight, I said stop complaining,I wouldn't tell people to shut up. I would not be that disrespectful.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:21 PM   #74

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy
Did not mean to offend anyone,but if people keep saying this game is a chore to play,yes than don't play it. A lot of us enjoy playing this game,be it with default sliders or sliders sets,I still try the odd slider set and find a lot of good in it. Get your facts straight, I said stop complaining,I wouldn't tell people to shut up. I would not be that disrespectful.
No one said anything about playing on default sliders, why do you keep bringing that up?

How you play, and enjoy this game is irrelevant to this conversation that you intervened in unprovoked and for no reason.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:47 PM   #75
Banned

Quote:
No one said anything about playing on default sliders, why do you keep bringing that up?

How you play, and enjoy this game is irrelevant to this conversation that you intervened in unprovoked and for no reason.
Do you not hear me,I offered an opinion of an option to play on default sliders to enjoy this game.Nothing negative there,you are one that put words in my mouth,I did not tell anyone to shut up like you said.How are my comments irrelevant, I'm just giving ideas on how to enjoy this game,just because you don't understand stop putting down my opinions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2020, 09:50 PM   #76

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Do you not hear me,I offered an opinion of an option to play on default sliders to enjoy this game.Nothing negative there,you are one that put words in my mouth,I did not tell anyone to shut up like you said.How are my comments irrelevant, I'm just giving ideas on how to enjoy this game,just because you don't understand stop putting down my opinions.
I'm not putting words in your mouth at all, simply responding to this quote of yours below.

Quote:
if you still don't like the game quit complaining and play something else.A lot of us are having fun.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:56 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
I'm not putting words in your mouth at all, simply responding to this quote of yours below.
Yes you did,you said I told people to shut up,do you not remember.Anyway I'm done,you just don't get it.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:01 PM   #78

kehlis's Arena

Quote:
Yes you did,you said I told people to shut up,do you not remember.Anyway I'm done,you just don't get it.
You're right, you didn't actually use the words "Shut Up."

"Quit complaining" quite literally means the same thing....
Old 02-03-2020, 02:29 PM   #79
Rookie

CDN_MTN_BEAR's Arena

As of a couple of days ago, this game is no longer on my PS4. That's 4+ months of frustration, and it all came to a head when I now can't win a game as a goalie (13-straight losses), after this latest update. Nope. No more.

Last edited by CDN_MTN_BEAR; 02-03-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-29-2020, 10:24 AM   #80
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

I’m still playing 19 because I got it from ea access vault. And, I just wanted to vent somewhere. Lol. I feel a lot of the things you’re saying, honestly. But, for me, specifically, it’s when I foolishly decided to up the difficulty from pro to all-star. Holy $hit!!! I was dominating too much in pro. I was still giving up some goals, but was scoring 5+ regularly and was 30-5 in the current franchise season with the Blackhawks. I was really enjoying the gameplay, overall, and have to say that as a person who hasn’t played a hockey title in probably 10 years, lol (I’m only a casual nhl fan and don’t watch much), the controls and whatnot in this game are actually quite good/fun.

But, switching to all-star?! omg, Lol, it really plays a fantastic game, overall, and it feels even more authentic to true hockey than pro. I’m getting less shots and really have to setup quality shots in order to score. But, as the OP has mentioned, the cpu stick lifts with impunity!! Lol. It’s not just that. When there’s a loose puck in certain situations, I’ll have a player much closer to the defender, but the defender will speed burst like a mofo and somehow get there before me. My player simply slows up and/or doesn’t even look like he wants it.

And, also mentioned in the OP, when the cpu wants to score, it just does. Lol. I mean, I will start checking fools, I’ll poke check, I’ll stay in the middle to protect the slot, myself, and it just doesn’t matter. You’ll see the cpu shooter jiggle his stick as I jiggle mine to defend and then SLAP! GOOOOOAAAALLLL!!!! Lol.

I have probably played 20 games on all-star and have won once. Lol. But, the overall hockey experience and play is quite rewarding. But, there’s just enough goof from my players. A missed pass here and there to a wide open player that turns into a fast break goal for the cpu. The cpu constantly stealing the puck from BEHIND my player! . I don’t mind them having tough D, but this nonsense where they speed up, catch my player from behind, check, and steal and instantly turn up Ice for a fast break goal can be quite infuriating. I’m a bit of a stubborn f-er, so I’m going to keep going on all-star. Pro just started feeling a bit too easy. Pray for me as I keep feeling like slitting my wrists after every close game. Lol. I’ve recently lost 2 OT games where I scored 3 goals in the 3rd just to tie it. Lol

I WILL BEAT THIS GAME ON ALL-STAR!!! I WILL!!!

And, I will never play whatever difficulty is above that. Lol

Thanks for the rant, I feel much better, now. Otherwise, truly, 19 is a fabulous game of hockey, imo. Makes me forget my love for nhl 94. Lol. . And, I’ve played the trial for 20, and it seems pretty similar, if not a little faster. I’m looking forward to getting that in the vault after the real nhl season ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »