Home

Goaltending

This is a discussion on Goaltending within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2019, 08:09 PM   #25
Rookie

CDN_MTN_BEAR's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Goaltending

Oh, and I played in a game where the opposing team's human goalie stayed deep in the net and really didn't do much but stand there. Well, our CPU players kept missing the net and the other team would score on 1-timers, trickles, etc. You know, because I put an effort into the game. Anyway, I got to a point where I was fed-up, and was attempting some desperation saves, including pad stacking that forced me into the slot. Well, I was kicked out of the game for "poor team play". Ok, no experience points, kicked out of the game, etc. The point was made. The very next game, I made 16 saves for the long and arduous 1 more shutout to get another goalie skills bag, and the game didn't count. That's right, no experience points, no hockey bag, and no shutout! I wasn't even allowed to see the player summary, as I got an error for trying to view it. How do you play an entire game, make some great saves (or even score goals amongst the first time children playing a soccer game chaotic mess) and it doesn't count?

EA SPORTS, "It's in a good place."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2019, 09:27 PM   #26
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_MTN_BEAR

The last tuner/game update was October 25th, 2019, and now it's December 1st, 2019. That's un-f******-acceptable.
There isn't any tuners, dude. They just released a patch that "fixed" some bugs like the goalie puck covers (HAH!!!), added a few new things to some modes, like the RIVALS mode in HUT. But they didn't release a tuner yet because, as you said, EA thinks "the game's in a good place gameplay-wise".

This entire game is basically unplayable right now in this state. The only viable option is to play skater, mostly forward, unless you're a good d-man.

They're never gonna fix it. This game is going to stay like this until next year when NHL 21 comes out for PS5/Xbox Scarlet. And don't expect anything great with that either. Remember when NHL 15 made the jump to PS4/XB1?

Expect more of the same from this team...
Old 12-01-2019, 10:58 PM   #27
Rookie

CDN_MTN_BEAR's Arena

I agree, Venom. Hey, seeing as they're still having a hard time sorting this trash out on this current generation of consoles, it won't be any better/easier on the next generation of consoles. Absolute hurting units.

My next game as a goalie, in EASHL, well, with 2 human goalies and eventually going up 3-0, the opposing goalie decides to quit. Then, after our 3rd goal and ensuing faceoff, there's a little scramble, but one of their human players auto shoots (some automated turn around shot) from just outside of our blue line, and the puck goes into the net off of the side of my mask. It's now 3-1. We score another goal to go up 4-1, and it wasn't long before we were on the wrong side of a 5-4 score, with all of their goals bouncing or trickling in off of me. I now can't (fully) stop anything. We tie the game at 5, and then I get mysteriously kicked out of the game. Although it didn't show up right away, it now shows that the team that I was on won the game, 6-5, and I have no idea if I was given the win, loss or the game didn't count.

This game is f****** hateful.

Last edited by CDN_MTN_BEAR; 12-02-2019 at 06:13 PM.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:11 PM   #28
Rookie

CDN_MTN_BEAR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
You mean this?

How about this:

Didn't know users could use the Force to redirect the puck in midflight... Although it makes sens since EA has the Star Wars license.

Last one:

So much for the fixed puck covers, eh? :/
I just seen this post, in the EA forum. I would've also posted something there, but there's some grudge holders (moderators) that keep banning my attempt at commenting, regardless of how much time has passed. That's ok, though, because there's other means and avenues to get my point across. Constant suppression only shows weakness, and an inability to face the facts.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:23 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
How is that possible?

The first goal one of my teammates I assume was trying to clear the puck from the corner with absolutely no one around him. He took a slap shot (for what reason I’ll never know) but was facing my direction. I wasn’t paying attention as there was no one around him, and it hit off my butt and bounced in to the goal.

The second guy took a rebound from a blue line shot I made a clean save on and skated it right into our goal. Again, no one else around. I assume he couldn’t stop his momentum.

The game loser in OT was my own guy redirecting a shot with his stick that I had perfect positioning on. I’m sure he meant well, but he killed us.

It was an absurd game. Very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-05-2020, 10:21 PM   #30
Rookie

Can someone do me a favour and review this play and tell me why EA decided something like this should be a thing?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UpWqvdHXXfQ
Old 02-05-2020, 10:26 PM   #31
Rookie

Can someone review this and tell me why EA decided something like this should be a thing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2020, 11:49 AM   #32
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdcn90
Can someone do me a favour and review this play and tell me why EA decided something like this should be a thing?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UpWqvdHXXfQ
In EA's world, that's called "realism". Here's more of their "realism" for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szYG6NbWpRs

And yeah, that's been in the game since NHL 14...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »