Home

How many games per season do you play?

This is a discussion on How many games per season do you play? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2019, 07:49 PM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: How many games per season do you play?

Playing every game. 8-minute periods. Best NHL experience for me since NHL 10-11.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-21-2019, 09:39 PM   #10
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13

Playing 10 min periods.
Early in the season I simmed until the 3rd period and jumped in if it's a 1 goal or tie game.
Played the full game of a few rivalry match ups.
Mid season only simmed the first period or maybe half the game and jumped in.
Last 25 or so games I was playing the whole game.
I played 1 season so far and felt like I had an impact on most games while getting through it fairly quick so I can play multiple seasons.

I don't usually play multiple seasons in franchise but I think this will work well for me.

I wish we could jump in,out or to the end like NBA or The Show so when the game starts to turn into a blowout we could sim to the end and move on to the next game.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:27 PM   #11
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

I play one out of every 10 games and then Game 1 plus any elimination game of the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. Stanley Cup Final I play every single game. Still gives me a lot of gameplay, but a season doesn't take forever (no longer than a Madden season). And it puts a lot more emphasis on my team building to construct a Cup winner.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2019, 12:41 AM   #12
Rookie

shanev's Arena

OVR: 3

I usually play about one quarter of the games in a season, mostly home games. That way even if I win all my games, there’s a chance I don’t get into the playoffs. Sometimes it makes for a more dramatic finish. Then in the playoffs, I only play home games. I’ve had it happen before that I’ve lost game seven on the road by simulation, and it sucks, but I think it makes it more interesting

I usually make it about 3-5 years before I want to start something different

I try to limit my trades and free agent signings too. That keeps me honest.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 11-22-2019, 07:34 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do you have a job? a social life of any kind?
I mean i give you major props for the dedication but wow. i'm exhausted just reading this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travolterjohn
I play a lot, in 20 only 1 week a full program of 46 games AHL and NHL with this 4 min per period slider ( other sliders changed too ), than stopped and didn’t continue playing anymore. Waiting for a good Roster update with all missing AHL Players in, and especially for new Player Bio Images and real Player likenesses. Created more than 200 missing College, KHL and Rookie Players in another Thread here.
In NHL 19 played two full 82 games Seasons with AHL, NHL including Playoffs in a span of about 3 month with time sliders setting between 6-7 minutes from April after one of the last Roster updates was out. Notice .... as an Franchise offline Player only will buy NHL 21 latest at December next year in used condition. Due this Rosters it makes no sense for offline Players to buy it earlier. Not seldom played 8 or more hours a day.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:57 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 2

I’ve played all 82 numerous times in years gone by, but now real-life commitments and other interests make that a challenge.

I have played 2 full seasons of BaP doing the 3rd period of every 3rd game and the 3rd period of every playoff game. 10 minute periods mean I can do 5-6 BaP games/hour, and an entire year with deep playoff run takes about 9 hours of play.

I might take that method to franchise mode in the future.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:49 PM   #15
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Always play every game. Made it through 3 seasons in NHL 16 playing all NHL and AHL games. Only got through 1 each in '17 and '18 playing all the NHL and AHL games plus all the games in an ECHL season. Took me 2 years to get through playing out the NHL/AHL seasons in BAGM and the ECHL season in '18 as that game was just so frustrating that I stopped playing it for long periods of time several times so I skipped '19.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2019, 01:50 AM   #16
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

OVR: 0

This is the first year I have tried the abbreviated season as I mentioned in the original post. In years past I have gotten to the end of one 82 game season and am burnt out.

I just finished season one (9th in east, 2 points out of the playoffs) but I am looking for something of a solid formula so I can't cherry pick games. Maybe play 1, sim 3 and any games that fall on a specific day of the week.

To make things fun I used throwback jerseys on Wednesdays and hockey fights cancer jerseys on weekends in November, will probably use Camo jerseys in another month now.
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »