Home

How many games per season do you play?

This is a discussion on How many games per season do you play? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2019, 03:54 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How many games per season do you play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
Wow very surprised at the amount of 'simmers'.
You can pretty much get 3 X 6min qtr games in, in around just over an hour with reasonable stats.
So regular season+ playoffs depending on how deep you go should see you finished within 4-6 weeks.
Bearing in mind the real season lasts what around 8 months how much quicker do you need it finished..
Well, there are people that have a life, you know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2019, 04:07 PM   #26
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

I play almost all my games, I usually play 3-4 in NHL and 3-4 in AHL, I used play on 20 minutes, but decided to go with 10 Minutes now, after while I get tired and sore from sitting and need to go out for a walk and then play sum more, then take break for while and come back and play.

u tend to loose mind after while u start becoming numb and tired after while, that's why for breaks and come back and play, if things aren't going well say like I loose 2 outta 5, I usually start adjusting it , tri da find balance between wins and loses, cause I wanna win Stanley Cup too u know, last time I won Stanley Cup and actually played entire season was in 2016, we're we went 53-27-7 and 52-27-7, then we got into playoffs went 16-4 (NHL, Winnipeg Jets) and 16-3 (AHL, Manitoba Moose), but as game progressed through years, they changed entire sliders thing, went from 6 sliders to 100 sliders and stuff, more bugs and stuff freezes starting showing up, it became harder to play through entire season and stuff.

when NHL 19 came along, it was great but... again bugs and freezes and stuff showed it self, AI CPU became a beast, it became harder to play entire season, so I went to EA Sports forums and asked EA Developer about attribute effects and if ratings matter, he said yes it matters for both NHL 19 and NHL 20, then he said attribute effects should be at 5, which really was awesome he came forward and told me this and I asked few questions.

now with all bugs and stuff and bug in stat overly , its almost turn off, they should start producing patches and tuners left and right, now be a pro goalies are starting to suck and go down hill and its making life difficult to play be a pro goalie, but on other hand be a pro player is awesome and stuff its wonderful I can finally score goals and stuff, but same time u need up goalie screen persistence to least 46, so your teammates can score while simming to next shift.

another thing am scared of scouting, it might be broken, as sum starting reporting , like u send your scouts out and he like doesn't come back , it's not real assuring .

Last edited by SuperGoalies; 12-01-2019 at 06:38 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:24 PM   #27
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce12
Well, there are people that have a life, you know.
Yep and I'm one of them but thanks for the sarcasm. Reading comprehension goes a long way, I think perhaps you should reread my post.
If you think that playing for 1 hour a day equates to having no life then I don't know what to tell you..

Last edited by jr86; 12-01-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:32 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Yep and I'm one of them but thanks for the sarcasm. Reading comprehension goes a long way, I think perhaps you should reread my post.
If you think that playing for 1 hour a day equates to having no life then I don't know what to tell you..
Haha, for whatever reason (beer, maybe?) I read 4-6 days. My bad.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:26 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
You can pretty much get 3 X 6min qtr games in, in around just over an hour with reasonable stats.
So regular season+ playoffs depending on how deep you go should see you finished within 4-6 weeks.
Bearing in mind the real season lasts what around 8 months how much quicker do you need it finished..
I used to do all games, but I feel like i lost interest faster that way for some reason. I now simulate almost all games at least some of the games, so it goes faster and I can still do the scouting and team building aspect of GM mode that I love doing.

Regular season I sim all AHL games, and then sim 1st period of Division games, then play 2nd and 3rd periods. I sim 1st and 2nd periods for conference and out of conference games.

Now that I have Cyclones sliders, the games are fun and not so arcade feel, so this may change after my playoffs. I play every minute of the Playoffs.

I like to keep things moving, and have realistic stats, and this format has worked for me. Keeps me involved and having fun.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:03 PM   #30
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
For me it's more about getting multiple years in with a team that I built before I start playing every game. It lets me make the NHL I want. I play every 5th game until I get the team I want then I play a season of every game to see if I can with a Cup with that team. It's not really a time thing for me. I think it's why a lot of people play 1 sim 2 to 3 games for as well.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 12-04-2019, 03:25 PM   #31
Rookie

RagingTrav's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
If you can find the time to play often enough then more power to you. For myself, i can go weeks without turning on the PS4.
My main interest in playing a career mode in any game is the squad building and development aspect. So the more games i can punch through, especially in the rebuilding years, the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »