Home

How many games per season do you play?

This is a discussion on How many games per season do you play? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2019, 10:12 AM   #1
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

OVR: 0
How many games per season do you play?

This season I have decided to pass on the grind of an 82 game season, and am only playing one or two games a week.

Surprisingly, I am having a blast!

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks to make the season go by faster (only play home games, every other game, only games on Monday / Wednesday / Friday, etc)?

I am having a lot more fun than I thought I would without the grind of the middle of the season.
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: How many games per season do you play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteward84
This season I have decided to pass on the grind of an 82 game season, and am only playing one or two games a week.

Surprisingly, I am having a blast!

I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks to make the season go by faster (only play home games, every other game, only games on Monday / Wednesday / Friday, etc)?

I am having a lot more fun than I thought I would without the grind of the middle of the season.
I've struggled with this myself. Currently I'm enjoying a GM expansion mode where I pretty much sim until around the trade deadline and the last month. I will play out the last month (every game) if there is hope for the playoffs and then play every game of the playoffs. I chose an expansion team because it is easier for me to let go of whats really going on in the real NHL so the trades don't bother me so much lol.
NFL- Lions
NBA -Pistons
ECHL - Toledo Walleyes
NCAA- Toledo Rockets
AAA - Toledo Mud Hens
Old 11-21-2019, 11:13 AM   #3
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Play 1, sim 2.

@Bluejaysfan65 has a franchise on the go in the dynasty forum right now where he's doing that, and it seems to be working out nicely.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #4
MVP

Every NHL, every AHL game. Slider 4 minutes per period, in 19 was 6-7 minutes per period.
Old 11-21-2019, 01:36 PM   #5
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travolterjohn
Every NHL, every AHL game. Slider 4 minutes per period, in 19 was 6-7 minutes per period.
Have you ever made it past the first season? That sounds like I would get burnt out by January.

Also, I want from 7 minutes in 19 to 5 in 20, after playing with good sliders for shorter periods, I have no idea how I was grinding out 7 minute games lol
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2019, 01:52 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksteward84
Have you ever made it past the first season? That sounds like I would get burnt out by January.

Also, I want from 7 minutes in 19 to 5 in 20, after playing with good sliders for shorter periods, I have no idea how I was grinding out 7 minute games lol
I play a lot, in 20 only 1 week a full program of 46 games AHL and NHL with this 4 min per period slider ( other sliders changed too ), than stopped and didn’t continue playing anymore. Waiting for a good Roster update with all missing AHL Players in, and especially for new Player Bio Images and real Player likenesses. Created more than 200 missing College, KHL and Rookie Players in another Thread here.
In NHL 19 played two full 82 games Seasons with AHL, NHL including Playoffs in a span of about 3 month with time sliders setting between 6-7 minutes from April after one of the last Roster updates was out. Notice .... as an Franchise offline Player only will buy NHL 21 latest at December next year in used condition. Due this Rosters it makes no sense for offline Players to buy it earlier. Not seldom played 8 or more hours a day.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:02 PM   #7
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

All 82.
6 min periods.
3/4 games a day, only takes about an hour and a half.
Completed the full season in around 3 and a half weeks.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:10 PM   #8
Rookie

creevjam9's Arena

OVR: 1

I play one out of every four and I select the one game using a random number generator on Google. This helps me prevent from always playing rivals or division games. So I put one through four in and whatever comes up I play. My playoff rule is only home games, so not having home ice advantage sucks....

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »