Home

Best NHL this gen?

This is a discussion on Best NHL this gen? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2019, 02:37 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best NHL this gen?

I guess many of us would enjoy a lot if you could grow up to adulthood or get out from this forum to play Virgin Interactive's Power Play '96 instead of whining every day how bad NHL 20 is. I am sure that everybody knows your opinion about the EA's series, you have said it countless times. But it's only your opinion and it's worth for many is nothing. You maybe think you are some kind of hockey gaming semigod, but you are not.

Back to the topic, for me NHL 20 offline gameplay with my heavily tuned rosters and gameplay sliders has been absolutely the best hockey gaming experience ever. I started to play hockey games with FACE OFF.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:13 AM   #10
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

Yeah, i appreciate what Venom did back at NHL2k days, but maybe tone that critic down a notch.

Btw i also started playing hockey games from FACE Off, what a great game.

For me best is got to be NHL 19, havent bought NHL 20 yet. For every NHL game i have been enjoying this gen at offline and some also online, but NHL 17 was worst. That i didnt get to work with any slider adjustments and i eventually went back to NHL 16.

This gen havent made any big improvements or changes (or even big fixes), but there has at least been solid gameplay there somewhere with slider adjustments. Gameplay is bit monotonic compared to great NHL2k hockeygames, but at least there arent any big problems anymore on basic gameplay.

I hope next gen is going to improve AI a lot because better CPU and memory on those machines.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:54 AM   #11
Banned

are you guys talking about this Faceoff game as I do?

This was my 1st ever game, but nostalgia aside had to say it wasn't a very good hockey game

Great childhood memories for sure
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2019, 09:21 AM   #12
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ NEO

This was my 1st ever game, but nostalgia aside had to say it wasn't a very good hockey game

Waits for Venom to tell us it is better than NHL 20....
Old 11-27-2019, 10:33 AM   #13
Rookie

VeNOM3099's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oosterbe
I guess many of us would enjoy a lot if you could grow up to adulthood or get out from this forum to play Virgin Interactive's Power Play '96 instead of whining every day how bad NHL 20 is. I am sure that everybody knows your opinion about the EA's series, you have said it countless times. But it's only your opinion and it's worth for many is nothing. You maybe think you are some kind of hockey gaming semigod, but you are not.

Back to the topic, for me NHL 20 offline gameplay with my heavily tuned rosters and gameplay sliders has been absolutely the best hockey gaming experience ever. I started to play hockey games with FACE OFF.
Exactly. It's MY opinion. The fact that YOU don't like it doesn't invalidate it. In fact quite the opposite. Maybe you think you're an "opinion" semigod, but your opinion for many others is nothing as well. At least for most of us adults it means nothing.

Just because you justified your poor purchase in any way possible, doesn't make the game any better. Perhaps your tolerance for bullsh*t is higher than most. Much higher than mine, let me tell you.

At least I'll commend you for that.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:05 PM   #14
Rookie

I would say if you dont like it go and play the other Hockey game ,oh sorry there isnt one or get an xbox 360 and play 2ks 8, which as i remember was an ugly game. Nobody makes anyone buy a game. Read the forums I dont see many perfect vid games.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:08 PM   #15
Rookie

Ac3way's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ NEO

Never heard that Amiga hockey, altough i liked same developers Manchester United Europe soccer game for Amiga.

I was talking about this, Face Off! for PC. It was great hockey game and lots of fun with family and friends.
https://youtu.be/W-GWbFnK9AM

Last edited by Ac3way; 11-27-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2019, 09:48 PM   #16
Rookie

CDN_MTN_BEAR's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNOM3099
NHL 20 is probably THE worst EA NHL game to date. This game makes NHL 15 look like NHL 2K10 by comparison. Holy F***!!!

I have never played a game this bad since those days. It is absolutely terrible in its current "non tuned/non patched" state.

I would rather play NHL 2003 (the "joke" hockey game) than this game. I would rather play Virgin Interactive's Power Play '96 over this awful piece of software.

Either EA patch this piece of garbage or put us out of your misery and STOP releasing NHL products! It's obvious you don't know how to code sports games, let alone an NHL or hockey game.

I am SO livid right now!!!
I 100% agree. My EASHL/Chel player and goalie name is "-. WORST EA NHL".

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »